Looking at getting a pda

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by DJboutit2, Nov 15, 2003.

  1. DJboutit2

    DJboutit2 Guest

    DJboutit2, Nov 15, 2003

  2. DJboutit2

    bmoag Guest

    PDAs do not have hard drives.
    They all connect to computers to install programs and exchange data using
    flash memory.
    You first have to decide if you want to use the Palm or the Windows
    operating system. That means you need to know what you are going to use the
    device for.
    I prefer the Palm: the devices are smaller and I mainly use them to record
    billing info and look up information. I have no need to run a PDA version of
    Word or Excel and have no idea why anyone would want to. It is tedious to
    enter data or words regardless of whether you use a stylet or have a tiny
    built-in keyboard.
    Palm and Sony devices, I have both, are not much different.
    I don't see the value of Internet connections for a PDA unless you need
    specifically to communicate with your business. It is very expensive to
    download spam into your PDA.

    bmoag, Nov 16, 2003