    heard that realplayer can do that, but I don't relly like realplayer,
    because it loads on startup automatically. the only way to take it off
    the startup list is to uninstall it. thanks.

    lbbss, Aug 28, 2005

  2. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    Just to clarify, I want to record radio show from the web, not from my
    radio.

    lbbss, Aug 28, 2005

  3. lbbss

    Toolman Tim Guest

    lbbss wrote:
    > I would like to record radio shows and music to my pc. Any freeware
    > software to do that. Also, let me know if they are any good. I
    > heard that realplayer can do that, but I don't relly like realplayer,
    > because it loads on startup automatically. the only way to take it
    > off the startup list is to uninstall it. thanks.

    You can stop it from loading startup without uninstalling it. Who told you
    that? I have lot's of things on my PC that wanted to autoload (Quicktime,
    Musicmatch, MS Office, etc.) but none of them do.

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 28, 2005
  4. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    it was a while ago, but I remember using startman software that allowed
    me to have a custom startup list, . But when I took realplayer off the
    list, next time it was back on startup by itself. I have not tried
    that lately.

    lbbss, Aug 28, 2005
  5. lbbss

    Toolman Tim Guest

    lbbss wrote:
    > it was a while ago, but I remember using startman software that
    > allowed me to have a custom startup list, . But when I took
    > realplayer off the list, next time it was back on startup by itself.
    > I have not tried that lately.

    Why not just remove it from the registry? Should work. Unless they wrote
    code into the new version that puts it back in, which nothing else I've used
    has done that.

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 28, 2005
  6. lbbss

    trout Guest

    lbbss wrote:

    > I would like to record radio shows and music to my pc. Any freeware
    > software to do that. Also, let me know if they are any good. I
    > heard that realplayer can do that, but I don't relly like realplayer,
    > because it loads on startup automatically. the only way to take it
    > off the startup list is to uninstall it. thanks.

    I've found that Staionripper works well:
    http://www.stationripper.com/index.htm

    The only small problem I encountered was that the connection to
    recording software is sometimes blocked by the station. The program
    anticipates this, and allows you to easily change the 'apparent
    client' -to something like Winamp, for example. You will need some kind
    of player installed if you want to listen live to what you're recording.
    I *do* use (an old version of) Winamp for this.
    --
    Freeware.

    trout, Aug 28, 2005
  7. lbbss

    Render Me Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > lbbss wrote:
    >
    >> I would like to record radio shows and music to my pc. Any freeware
    >> software to do that. Also, let me know if they are any good. I
    >> heard that realplayer can do that, but I don't relly like realplayer,
    >> because it loads on startup automatically. the only way to take it
    >> off the startup list is to uninstall it. thanks.

    > I've found that Staionripper works well:
    > http://www.stationripper.com/index.htm
    >
    > The only small problem I encountered was

    ...knowing how to spell..............

    Render Me, Aug 28, 2005
  8. lbbss

    trout Guest

    trout wrote:

    > I've found that Staionripper works well:
    > http://www.stationripper.com/index.htm

    Here's the missing "t" for the typo-laming trolls.
    --
    And other poster-children for the Tragically Pointless.

    trout, Aug 28, 2005
  9. lbbss

    Render Me Guest

    STRIKE!!!!

    Render Me, Aug 28, 2005
  10. "lbbss" <> wrote in news:1125186768.728164.49990
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > I would like to record radio shows and music to my pc. Any freeware
    > software to do that. Also, let me know if they are any good. I
    > heard that realplayer can do that, but I don't relly like realplayer,
    > because it loads on startup automatically. the only way to take it off
    > the startup list is to uninstall it. thanks.

    Steer clear of the bloatware.
    Get the "free" and excellent Audacity.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    Get the zip version. There is no installer. Just put it somewhere, create a shortcut, and run it.
    Put the LameENC.dll in the same folder. The first time you make mp3 it will ask what encoder. Just
    point it to that. To record "what you hear", mute your microphone or you will just get your voice.

    Cheers!
    Open source all the way @ http://sourceforge.net/

    whatevernevermind, Aug 28, 2005
  11. lbbss

    Mike@Lincoln Guest

    "lbbss" <> wrote in message
    >I would like to record radio shows and music to my pc. Any freeware
    > software to do that. Also, let me know if they are any good. I
    > heard that realplayer can do that, but I don't relly like realplayer,
    > because it loads on startup automatically. the only way to take it off
    > the startup list is to uninstall it. thanks.

    I don't know what version of Realplayer you have, but mine certainly does'nt
    load on startup.

    Mike@Lincoln, Aug 29, 2005