    computer at school with a slow internet connect and at home with a fast
    connect. Would it be worth it to get one and I also need more space on my
    computer at school.

    DJboutit2, Nov 15, 2003

  2. DJboutit2

    Todd Howard Guest

    I just hooked up a 120 gig USB 2 HD.....well worth it....super fast.....just
    make sure you are hooking it into a USB 2 port....otherwise the speed
    sucks...BTW just buy the enclosure and then the hard drive...it is cheaper
    then getting an external drive....
    TH
    "DJboutit2" <> wrote in message
    > I am thinking about getting a 160 to 180 uss 2.0 external hd to use

    between my

    Todd Howard, Nov 16, 2003

  3. DJboutit2

    Night_Seer Guest

    Todd Howard wrote:
    > I just hooked up a 120 gig USB 2 HD.....well worth it....super
    > fast.....just make sure you are hooking it into a USB 2
    > port....otherwise the speed sucks...BTW just buy the enclosure and
    > then the hard drive...it is cheaper then getting an external drive....
    > TH
    > "DJboutit2" <> wrote in message
    >> I am thinking about getting a 160 to 180 uss 2.0 external hd to use
    >> between my computer at school with a slow internet connect and at
    >> home with a fast connect. Would it be worth it to get one and I
    >> also need more space on my computer at school.

    Especially if you find the internal HD for really cheap with some sort
    of rebate offer. I just got a 120gb HD from CompUSA for 70 bucks (after
    70 rebate). Enclosures for at the most for 70 bucks, so you can get an
    external 120gb HD for 140 instead of the usual 200 or 250 bucks.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Nov 17, 2003