    not being able to change the default wallpaper....is there anyway I can
    connect to the server and change just HIS default wallpaper to a nice hockey
    team wallpaper :) Somewhere in the registry or something perhaps?
    James, Nov 17, 2005

  2. "James" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Ok, so I am to lazy to research, and seeing as all of you genious
    > MCGPGLMNOP's all have lots of free time....how would I go about doing
    > this.
    >
    > One of my users, has horrible taste in hockey teams. All I hear about is
    > how great they are, and how bad my team sucks. He is using a thin client
    > connected to a windows 2000 TS server, with lots of restrictions, such as
    > not being able to change the default wallpaper....is there anyway I can
    > connect to the server and change just HIS default wallpaper to a nice
    > hockey team wallpaper :) Somewhere in the registry or something perhaps?

    If you can put a computer program on his computer and execute it, you can do
    just about anything. So you could work up a little app that simply shows a
    form with the picture in it, and put it in the startup group.

    In this case, if you can get some sort of file access, and if there's a
    'default' wallpaper, you could track down that file, and replace it with one
    of your own. Of course, Win2k has some 'you can't overwrite default files'
    that's supposed to fix things if they get corrupt, which of course would be
    cool if it worked, but, I think Ben Smith had something to do with that
    part, because it's not working, and I blame Ben Smith for all of my problems
    with the computer, as we all should.

    Also, if he's running Word or Office and has VBA installed, well, you can
    make the machine do just about anything you want by shipping him a document
    with a macro or module, with code to overwrite the registry entry and
    whatnot. Here's a link with code that claims to do it:

    http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=37081&lngWId=1

    But the hockey stuff, well, I just consider that small time. If you're going
    to all this trouble, get a picture of grandma in her cheerleader outfit for
    your team up there.

    Also, please observe that we are trying to post fewer messages, and post
    your acceptance of this.
    Microcephalic S. Bob, Nov 17, 2005

  3. James

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, James spewed across the ether:

    > Ok, so I am to lazy to research, and seeing as all of you genious
    > MCGPGLMNOP's all have lots of free time....how would I go about doing
    > this.
    >
    > One of my users, has horrible taste in hockey teams. All I hear about
    > is how great they are, and how bad my team sucks. He is using a thin
    > client connected to a windows 2000 TS server, with lots of
    > restrictions, such as not being able to change the default
    > wallpaper....is there anyway I can connect to the server and change
    > just HIS default wallpaper

    Sure. If you really were the site admin.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Nov 17, 2005
  4. James

    Grep Guest

    "Sure. If you really were the site admin."

    hehehe
    Grep, Nov 18, 2005
  5. James

    LRM Guest

    "James" <> babbled aimlessly in message
    > He is using a thin client connected to a windows 2000 TS server, with
    > lots of restrictions, such as not being able to change the default
    > wallpaper....is there anyway I can connect to the server and change just
    > HIS default wallpaper to a nice hockey team wallpaper :) Somewhere in the
    > registry or something perhaps?

    That's it James, stop trying to touch the registry and go to your
    room------->

    --
    LRM
    Werner von Braun:
    LRM, Nov 18, 2005
  6. James

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 17, 2005 at 5:38pm "James" blathered:

    > MCGPGLMNOP's

    When should I stop laughing?

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.techgeekpro.com
    TechGeekPro, Nov 18, 2005
  7. I have to admit....that was kinda funny.

    --
    ..rev - mct.mcngp.44
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Nov 18, 2005
  8. James

    Frisbee® Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    > Ok, so I am to lazy to research, and seeing as all of you genious
    > MCGPGLMNOP's all have lots of free time....how would I go about doing
    > this.
    >
    > One of my users, has horrible taste in hockey teams. All I hear about is
    > how great they are, and how bad my team sucks. He is using a thin client
    > connected to a windows 2000 TS server, with lots of restrictions, such as
    > not being able to change the default wallpaper....is there anyway I can
    > connect to the server and change just HIS default wallpaper to a nice
    > hockey team wallpaper :) Somewhere in the registry or something perhaps?

    The answer is clear and simple. Stop following hockey and find yourself a
    college football team to root for. I recommend Temple.
    Frisbee®, Nov 18, 2005
  9. James

    kpg Guest

    Grep <> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\178011.htm (11/18/2005
    > 8:27:12 AM) #
    >
    > "Sure. If you really were the site admin."
    >

    > hehehe

    Grep - please explain why the unix tool of the same
    name is called grep. I never understood that.

    THKS.
    kpg, Nov 18, 2005
  10. James

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
    > Grep <> said something like
    >
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\178011.htm (11/18/2005
    >> 8:27:12 AM) #
    >>
    >> "Sure. If you really were the site admin."
    >>

    >> hehehe

    > Grep - please explain why the unix tool of the same
    > name is called grep. I never understood that.
    >
    > THKS.

    Good Really Exceptional Program.
    Frisbee®, Nov 18, 2005
  11. James

    James Guest

    The only football team I chear for our the Eskimos...playing in the western
    final on Sunday.
    GO ESKS GO!

    James, Nov 18, 2005
  12. James

    Consultant Guest

    ping

    packet internet network grope

    Consultant, Nov 18, 2005
  13. James

    CBIC Guest

    > packet internet network grope

    Watch your language. There are children present. Lowdes for one.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Nov 18, 2005
  14. James

    T-Bone Guest

    "James" <> wrote
    > The only football team I chear for our the Eskimos...playing in the
    > western final on Sunday.
    > GO ESKS GO!

    Arrrrrrrrgooooooooooooos!
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Nov 18, 2005
  15. James

    kpg Guest

    kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\178084.htm (11/18/2005
    > 10:59:28 AM) # Grep <> said something like
    >
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\178011.htm (11/18/2005
    >> 8:27:12 AM) #
    >>
    >> "Sure. If you really were the site admin."
    >>

    >> hehehe

    > Grep - please explain why the unix tool of the same
    > name is called grep. I never understood that.
    >
    > THKS.

    So you can say you learned something today.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grep

    kpgrep

    (Hey, i like it!)
    kpg, Nov 18, 2005