  1. BW

    BW Guest

    anyone heard anything about this OS?

    BW, Dec 4, 2003

  2. BW

    Trent C Guest

    There were reports that an alpha copy was pirated in Malaysia and went on
    sale there a week or so back. I imagine there'll be reviews doing the
    rounds on the net shortly...

    Trent C, Dec 4, 2003

  3. BW

    SwaY-RideR Guest

    SwaY-RideR, Dec 4, 2003
  4. BW

    Jammer Guest

    Do a google search . From I was reading , It looks like some machines will
    take it and some will not.

    Jammer, Dec 4, 2003
  5. BW

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > There were reports that an alpha copy was pirated in Malaysia and went on
    > sale there a week or so back. I imagine there'll be reviews doing the
    > rounds on the net shortly...

    I believe this is the copy already officially given out by Microsoft to
    MSDN customers - developers. It's just been copied illegally, and is now
    being sold in Malaysia for like a dollar or so. It is an alpha version, it
    is far from ready for everyday use. Once it goes through beta (sometime
    next year), it will be much more user friendly, and near-completion. If you
    get your hands on a copy now, I'd suggest not using it for any length of
    time, you'll probably just get too frustrated with it. Wait till it's
    legit.

    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 4, 2003
  6. BW

    Boomer Guest

    BW, <> wrote:

    > anyone heard anything about this OS?

    Yes.

    Boomer, Dec 4, 2003
  7. BW

    HamMan Guest

    "Jammer" <> wrote in message
    > Do a google search . From I was reading , It looks like some machines will
    > take it and some will not.
    >
    > BW wrote:
    > > anyone heard anything about this OS?

    It crawled on an 1800+ Athlon, saw somewhere that microsoft are designing it
    for the 'next generation' Presscot core P4 CPU's at around 6GHz

    HamMan, Dec 4, 2003
  8. BW

    Jammer Guest

    I have my software on the partition . Thanks to HP. I read , It installs the
    software to the harddrive. So if it not broken dont fix it. I have
    windowblinds, WindowsFX to make it a little prettier. Both programs cost
    around fifty dollars. I'm happy with that.

    Jammer, Dec 4, 2003
  9. It was on Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:58:03 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that BW wrote:

    > anyone heard anything about this OS?

    "Longhorn could be 2005 or 2006," Gates told a
    small group of journalists....

    Then this:-
    http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,4248,1332766,00.asp
    As for it's security:-
    http://www.internetwk.com/breakingNews/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=15800670
    Some FAQs here:-
    http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/longhorn.asp

    --
    Linux User #: 305646.
    SuSE Linux Pro 9.0

    William Poaster, Dec 5, 2003
  10. It was on Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:57:11 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Boomer wrote:

    > BW, <> wrote:
    >
    >> anyone heard anything about this OS?

    > Yes.

    Yes...found this bit of 'interesting' news
    about Google though.

    http://www.scroogle.org/fiasco.html

    --
    Linux User #: 305646.
    SuSE Linux Pro 9.0

    William Poaster, Dec 5, 2003
  11. BW

    Yeah Right Guest

    I heard that it's actually ready now for release but it's going to take
    them another year or two to write in all the security flaws.

    William Poaster <> wrote in

    Yeah Right, Dec 5, 2003
  12. BW

    Boomer Guest

    Yeah Right <> wrote in

    > I heard that it's actually ready now for release but it's going to
    > take them another year or two to write in all the security flaws.

    lol

    --
    I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
    -anOLDun

    Boomer, Dec 5, 2003
  13. It was on Fri, 05 Dec 2003 21:10:41 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Yeah Right wrote:

    > I heard that it's actually ready now for release but it's going to take
    > them another year or two to write in all the security flaws.

    Yes! LOL
    As their System Design Mission Statement says:
    "It could be worse, but it'll take time."

    --
    Linux User #: 305646.
    SuSE Linux Pro 9.0

    William Poaster, Dec 5, 2003
  14. William Poaster <> writes:

    > "Longhorn could be 2005 or 2006," Gates told a small group of
    > journalists....

    Or you can buy it for $1.78 in Malaysia right now. I think they're
    asking a bit more than it's worth, though.

    --
    Registered Linux User 297164
    GPG Key ID 1B1B6A1D5A2407C3

    Max Quordlepleen, Dec 5, 2003
  15. It was on Sat, 06 Dec 2003 12:17:05 +1300, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Max Quordlepleen wrote:

    > William Poaster <> writes:
    >
    >> "Longhorn could be 2005 or 2006," Gates told a small group of
    >> journalists....

    > Or you can buy it for $1.78 in Malaysia right now. I think they're
    > asking a bit more than it's worth, though.

    Yes...by $2! ;-)

    --
    Linux User #: 305646.
    SuSE Linux Pro 9.0