    ?

    regards

    thing
    thingy, Jun 22, 2009

  2. thingy

    Enkidu Guest

    thingy wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone come across a shop/website selling,
    >
    > a) non-red sata cables.
    > b) Longer than std sata cables.

    a) Use a felt tip pen.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jun 22, 2009

  3. thingy

    thingy Guest

    On Jun 23, 9:18 am, Enkidu <> wrote:
    > thingy wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > Has anyone come across a shop/website selling,

    > > a) non-red sata cables.
    > > b) Longer than std sata cables.

    > a) Use a felt tip pen.

    My case is a double depth one (two mid-towers bolted together) and
    dark and somewhat packed....but yes I have done that for the pata raid
    controller......I might just wander around an electical wholesaler and
    get heat shrink of a size that goes over the fittings, if I cant get
    different cables but that stuff is expensive, cables would actually be
    about the same cost.

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jun 23, 2009
  4. thingy

    Woger Guest

    On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:27:31 -0700 (PDT), thingy <>
    wrote:

    >On Jun 23, 9:18 am, Enkidu <> wrote:
    >> thingy wrote:
    >> > Hi,

    >> > Has anyone come across a shop/website selling,

    >> > a) non-red sata cables.
    >> > b) Longer than std sata cables.

    >> a) Use a felt tip pen.

    >My case is a double depth one (two mid-towers bolted together) and
    >dark and somewhat packed....but yes I have done that for the pata raid
    >controller......I might just wander around an electical wholesaler and
    >get heat shrink of a size that goes over the fittings, if I cant get
    >different cables but that stuff is expensive, cables would actually be
    >about the same cost.
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Thing

    There is a Reason for it length, may be a eSTATA cable is what you need.
    Woger, Jun 23, 2009
  5. On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:26:41 +1200, Woger <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:27:31 -0700 (PDT), thingy <>
    > wrote:

    >>> a) Use a felt tip pen.

    >>My case is a double depth one (two mid-towers bolted together) and
    >>dark and somewhat packed....but yes I have done that for the pata raid
    >>controller......I might just wander around an electical wholesaler and
    >>get heat shrink of a size that goes over the fittings, if I cant get
    >>different cables but that stuff is expensive, cables would actually be
    >>about the same cost.
    >>
    >>regards
    >>
    >>Thing

    > There is a Reason for it length, may be a eSTATA cable is what you need.

    The recommended maximum length of an internal SATA cable is 1 metre.
    Most HDD vendor-supplied cables are nowhere near that length.

    The recommended maximum length of an eSATA 3Gbit/s cable is 2 metres.

    --
    - Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jun 23, 2009
  6. thingy

    thingy Guest

    On Jun 23, 4:26 pm, Woger <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:27:31 -0700 (PDT), thingy <>
    > wrote:

    > >> a) Use a felt tip pen.

    > >My case is a double depth one (two mid-towers bolted together) and
    > >dark and somewhat packed....but yes I have done that for the pata raid
    > >controller......I might just wander around an electical wholesaler and
    > >get heat shrink of a size that goes over the fittings, if I cant get
    > >different cables but that stuff is expensive, cables would actually be
    > >about the same cost.

    > >regards

    > >Thing

    > There is a Reason for it length, may be a eSTATA  cable is what you need.

    Shooting from the hip again.....no I dont need esata.....sata shoould
    be fine....

    In the US, sata cables are available in at least 4 colours and at
    least 4 lengths, 6inch, 10inch, 18 inch, 24inch from $4.95US each...

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jun 23, 2009
  7. thingy

    EMB Guest

    thingy wrote:

    > Shooting from the hip again.....no I dont need esata.....sata shoould
    > be fine....
    >
    > In the US, sata cables are available in at least 4 colours and at
    > least 4 lengths, 6inch, 10inch, 18 inch, 24inch from $4.95US each...

    No colour option but a decent length.

    http://gadgetpeople.co.nz/product-info.php?itemID=100005
    EMB, Jun 23, 2009
  8. thingy

    thingy Guest

    On Jun 24, 8:20 am, EMB <> wrote:
    > thingy wrote:
    >
    > > Shooting from the hip again.....no I dont need esata.....sata shoould
    > > be fine....

    > > In the US, sata cables are available in at least 4 colours and at
    > > least 4 lengths, 6inch, 10inch, 18 inch, 24inch from $4.95US each...

    > No colour option but a decent length.
    >
    > http://gadgetpeople.co.nz/product-info.php?itemID=100005

    Thanks, useful....1m is probably too long....but better than too
    short!

    regards

    thing
    thingy, Jun 24, 2009