    longer than 3 min, or 30 sec for high resolution? Sony cams dont limit
    the time on movies, just how big your memory card is. Why would Canon
    do this???

    SW Monkey, Nov 13, 2003

  2. SW Monkey

    DHB Guest

    SW Monkey'
    to the best of my understanding this can't be done
    because the A70's microprocessor is too slow & there is not enough high
    speed "in-camera RAM" to record more.

    Yes Canon could have added more RAM & or a faster microprocessor but
    that would have raised the price of the camera for "everybody" when so "few"
    customers use it or at least use it often. Most camera manufactures figure
    that if you need to use a digital "Still" camera for longer than that, you
    probably are going to use a "Video" camera that will give you much better
    results.

    If I recall correctly Sony & other companies have some models that are
    limited only by the size of the flash cards used. This however requires
    fast processing, more internal RAM & a fast flash card that can keep up.
    This is likely why Sony made this claim only for their new "MS Pro" flash
    cards which are faster. This also helps them sell more of their new memory
    cards as well!

    Nice idea but I think it can't be done with the A70 IMHO.

    Respectfully, DHB

    DHB, Nov 13, 2003