    cameras that include an image stabilization feature. Any advice would
    be much appreciated. Thanks.

    Ken

    kjk, Dec 27, 2003

  2. > Does anybody know of any long zoom small
    > cameras that include an image stabilization feature. Any advice would
    > be much appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Ken

    Minolta A1

    David

    David J Taylor, Dec 27, 2003

  3. kjk

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    "David J Taylor" <-this-bit> wrote in
    message news:CRjHb.7106$...
    > > Does anybody know of any long zoom small
    > > cameras that include an image stabilization feature. Any advice would
    > > be much appreciated. Thanks.
    > >
    > > Ken

    > Minolta A1

    New Panasonic FZ10

    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/fz10_pg5.html

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 27, 2003
  4. kjk

    Terry Guest

    "Dan Sullivan" <> wrote in message

    > "David J Taylor" <-this-bit> wrote in
    > message news:CRjHb.7106$...

    > > > Does anybody know of any long zoom small
    > > > cameras that include an image stabilization feature. Any advice would
    > > > be much appreciated. Thanks.

    > > Minolta A1

    > New Panasonic FZ10

    > http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/fz10_pg5.html

    I researched the net and went through countless web pages in my quest
    to go digital, the c-700 was current back then but it felt entirely wrong in
    my hands and then I discovered the C2100UZ, a previous gen camera
    with 10X optical with stabilization and decided on it. I have not looked
    back

    The FZ10 looks great.

    Terry

    Terry, Dec 27, 2003
  5. kjk <> wrote:

    >I've been looking at the Olympus C740/C750 because I like the long
    >38-380 zoom in a small size camera. After doing some experimenting
    >with my 7x binoculars, however, I realized that it's practically
    >impossible to hold the image perfectly steady by hand. It appears
    >that handheld use at maximum zoom would only be practical in fast
    >shutter speed situations. Does anybody know of any long zoom small
    >cameras that include an image stabilization feature. Any advice would
    >be much appreciated. Thanks.

    Ken,

    beyond 10x zoom there is only one family of image-stabilized
    zoom cameras, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2 with 2 Megapixels and
    the considerably bigger FZ10 with 4 Megapixels. Both have a 12x
    zoom with image stabilizer made by Leica.

    I own the precursor, the now discontinued FZ1, and am very happy
    with it. For a few examples you can look at
    http://www.michna.com/kenya2003/.

    I tested the lens for sharpness and found, to my surprise, that
    it is as sharp as I could possibly hope at max zoom and max
    aperture (2.8).

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.