    2. Figure out a way to shorten the time-out so that it will get the IP
    address more quickly.

    Any ideas appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lLg==?=, Jan 1, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lLg==?=

    Guest

    On 1-Jan-2006, "=?Utf-8?B?Sm9lLg==?=" <> wrote:

    > 1. Figure out why it's not quickly getting an IP address, or
    >
    > 2. Figure out a way to shorten the time-out so that it will get the IP
    > address more quickly.

    Not really my area of expertise but it may be searching a local
    network domain range, and if the subnet mask is
    255.0.0.0 instead of 255.255.255.0 this can take a while.
    Get Ethereal packet monitor and set it to monitor pkts
    on the wireless adapter to see what is going on.
    Also look at network log in XP admin tools, there might
    be error messages, failed something or other.

    , Jan 1, 2006

  3. "Joe." wrote:
    > I have a VAIO laptop running XP pro with a netgear USB wireless adapter.
    > When the machine is restarted from hibernation, it takes a long time to
    > acquire a network address. It finally times-out and I get the "limited
    > connectivity" error msg. Then it immediately gets an IP address.

    When it finally gets an ip address, is it a normal one or auto configuration
    (169.254.x.x)?

    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Jan 1, 2006
  4. It's 255.255.255.0