long range outdoor wireless setup

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Jul 1, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I think the distance 3-4km is large. I don't think you
    could get the signals that far unless you're using high
    range products & also a high range Antenna as well.

    two other houses. These three points do not see each
    other clearly. there is a 20m high hill between them.
    First I want to ask if it is possible to broadcast a
    wireless signal to a radius of 3-4km and catch that
    signal without seeing eachother?

    >For the second question I'll try to demonstrate the

    topography :

    >Because of the hill, office can not be seen clearly from

    homes. Even homes do not see each other. But there is a
    fourth point seeing all of them clearly. Is it possible
    to connect three points via the other point. And is this
    range is too far for a wireless connection between these
    nodes? If it is possible what amount of bandwidth should
    I expect from such a network.

    Guest, Jul 1, 2004