    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 13, 2004

  2. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Rider Guest

    "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know of a long range(~5m) wireless keyboard and mouse?
    >
    > possibly a touchpad/trackball kinda wireless keyboard.
    >
    > I've found plenty that do a couple(2) of metres, but anything more than
    > about 2 they start to flake out.

    2 meteres seems to be about it as far as I've seen.

    Rider, Feb 13, 2004

  3. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    will Guest

    "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" wrote:

    > Anyone know of a long range(~5m) wireless keyboard and mouse?

    #### depends how you want to use it, i read about one here with some
    cons:

    http://www.idg.co.nz/PCWorld/Reviews.nsf/UNID/A57440A147897B24CC256E2A006D5925!opendocument

    will.

    will, Feb 13, 2004
  4. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <c0hg9t$176l7c$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > Anyone know of a long range(~5m) wireless keyboard and mouse?
    >
    > possibly a touchpad/trackball kinda wireless keyboard.
    >
    > I've found plenty that do a couple(2) of metres, but anything more than
    > about 2 they start to flake out.

    Anything longer probably needs a license :)

    Mainlander, Feb 13, 2004
  5. will wrote:
    >>Anyone know of a long range(~5m) wireless keyboard and mouse?

    > #### depends how you want to use it, i read about one here with some
    > cons:
    > http://www.idg.co.nz/PCWorld/Reviews.nsf/UNID/A57440A147897B24CC256E2A006D5925!opendocument

    It's being used in the Oncology Bunker at work... don't know whether or
    not RF would be bad or not(I'm guessing not seeing as the physicist said
    "maybe one that uses radio so no line of sight")

    either way, I've forward it to him.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 13, 2004
  6. On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:28:23 +1300, "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <>
    wrote:

    >Anyone know of a long range(~5m) wireless keyboard and mouse?
    >
    >possibly a touchpad/trackball kinda wireless keyboard.
    >
    >I've found plenty that do a couple(2) of metres, but anything more than
    >about 2 they start to flake out.

    Yes its to try and stop people down the road from accessing your PC..

    Its called Logic..

    Robin Wheeler, Feb 13, 2004
  7. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    cowboyz Guest

    Robin Wheeler wrote:
    > On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:28:23 +1300, "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know of a long range(~5m) wireless keyboard and mouse?
    >>
    >> possibly a touchpad/trackball kinda wireless keyboard.
    >>
    >> I've found plenty that do a couple(2) of metres, but anything more
    >> than about 2 they start to flake out.

    > Yes its to try and stop people down the road from accessing your PC..
    >
    > Its called Logic..

    With your "logic" you want to work out how small a house would be to be
    "down the road" and still within 5m of the PC?

    cowboyz, Feb 13, 2004
  8. On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:43:49 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:

    >Robin Wheeler wrote:
    >> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:28:23 +1300, "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone know of a long range(~5m) wireless keyboard and mouse?
    >>>
    >>> possibly a touchpad/trackball kinda wireless keyboard.
    >>>
    >>> I've found plenty that do a couple(2) of metres, but anything more
    >>> than about 2 they start to flake out.

    >> Yes its to try and stop people down the road from accessing your PC..
    >>
    >> Its called Logic..

    >With your "logic" you want to work out how small a house would be to be
    >"down the road" and still within 5m of the PC?

    Seems that you don't read the news, its a world wide problem.

    Robin Wheeler, Feb 13, 2004
  9. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <c0hkm7$lbh$>, says...
    > Robin Wheeler wrote:
    > > On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:28:23 +1300, "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Anyone know of a long range(~5m) wireless keyboard and mouse?
    > >>
    > >> possibly a touchpad/trackball kinda wireless keyboard.
    > >>
    > >> I've found plenty that do a couple(2) of metres, but anything more
    > >> than about 2 they start to flake out.

    > > Yes its to try and stop people down the road from accessing your PC..
    > >
    > > Its called Logic..

    > With your "logic" you want to work out how small a house would be to be
    > "down the road" and still within 5m of the PC?

    In an aparment, your neighbour could be within the 5 metres

    Mainlander, Feb 13, 2004
  10. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    cowboyz Guest

    "Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    > In article <c0hkm7$lbh$>, says...
    > > Robin Wheeler wrote:

    > > > Yes its to try and stop people down the road from accessing your PC..
    > > >
    > > > Its called Logic..

    > > With your "logic" you want to work out how small a house would be to be
    > > "down the road" and still within 5m of the PC?

    > In an aparment, your neighbour could be within the 5 metres
    >
    > --
    > Full featured open source Win32 newsreader - Gravity 2.70
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity/

    He said down the road. How many roads you towies building in apartment
    blocks these days. Maybe you should keep the roads for outside and us poor
    farmers could have some money left over instead of paying you roading bill.

    cowboyz, Feb 13, 2004
  11. In article <c0hg9t$176l7c$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > Anyone know of a long range(~5m) wireless keyboard and mouse?
    >
    > possibly a touchpad/trackball kinda wireless keyboard.
    >
    > I've found plenty that do a couple(2) of metres, but anything more than
    > about 2 they start to flake out.

    Pasted from the Logitech website (cordless faq)

    Q: What is the range can I expect from my cordless mouse or keyboard?
    A: In general, the range should be up to 6 ft., with the exception of
    the TrackMan® Live=3F/SurfMan, which offer up to 30 ft on the High
    setting. See the question above for possible solutions to a limited
    range.

    So they manufacture one device with longer range ....but I am not
    entirely sure what manner of device this is.

    h.t.h. -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Feb 13, 2004
  12. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    ess says...
    > In article <c0hg9t$176l7c$-berlin.de>,
    > says...
    > > Anyone know of a long range(~5m) wireless keyboard and mouse?
    > >
    > > possibly a touchpad/trackball kinda wireless keyboard.
    > >
    > > I've found plenty that do a couple(2) of metres, but anything more than
    > > about 2 they start to flake out.

    > Pasted from the Logitech website (cordless faq)
    >
    > Q: What is the range can I expect from my cordless mouse or keyboard?
    > A: In general, the range should be up to 6 ft., with the exception of
    > the TrackMan® Live=3F/SurfMan, which offer up to 30 ft on the High
    > setting. See the question above for possible solutions to a limited
    > range.
    >
    > So they manufacture one device with longer range ....but I am not
    > entirely sure what manner of device this is.

    Trackman is a wireless handheld trackball, designed as a presentation
    device for powerpoints and stuff like that.

    Mainlander, Feb 13, 2004
  13. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Roger_Nickel Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > will wrote:
    >
    >>> Anyone know of a long range(~5m) wireless keyboard and mouse?

    >> #### depends how you want to use it, i read about one here with some
    >> cons:
    >> http://www.idg.co.nz/PCWorld/Reviews.nsf/UNID/A57440A147897B24CC256E2A006D5925!opendocument
    >>

    > It's being used in the Oncology Bunker at work... don't know whether or
    > not RF would be bad or not(I'm guessing not seeing as the physicist said
    > "maybe one that uses radio so no line of sight")
    >
    > either way, I've forward it to him.

    An X-ray shield will likely also be quite a good RF shield.

    Roger_Nickel, Feb 13, 2004