    ago and have yet to see it. Do posts take a long time to
    appear?

    rs
    Robert Shiffman, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Robert Shiffman

    TCEBob Guest

    Self answer: yes.

    RS
    TCEBob, Jul 29, 2003

  3. Robert Shiffman

    trout Guest

    Robert Shiffman wrote:

    > Just found this group and am enjoying it greatly. Also see
    > some familiar names, so I feel right at home.
    >
    > Besides, this is a test; I sent a response several minutes
    > ago and have yet to see it. Do posts take a long time to
    > appear?
    >
    > rs

    I'd suspect that this has more to do with Comcast than 'this group'.
    --
    "You may also wish to include some original text in your replies."
    trout, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Robert Shiffman

    TCEBob Guest

    Correct, Michael. Though not a big fan of OE, it's what Bill
    handed me and until recently it hasn't been bad enough to
    get me looking for an alternative. I have seen references in
    this and other groups and if I find one I like I'll tell the
    world.

    In this particular case I think the 3-minute delay is
    probably due to high activity, as you suggested.

    RS
    TCEBob, Jul 29, 2003
  5. Robert Shiffman

    Boomer Guest

    TCEBob said:

    > Correct, Michael. Though not a big fan of OE, it's what Bill
    > handed me and until recently it hasn't been bad enough to
    > get me looking for an alternative. I have seen references in
    > this and other groups and if I find one I like I'll tell the
    > world.
    >
    > In this particular case I think the 3-minute delay is
    > probably due to high activity, as you suggested.
    >
    > RS

    Hi
    Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    in your reply?
    (Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

    It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    others
    have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    Further info:

    Thank You Very Much :)
    Boomer, Jul 29, 2003
  6. Robert Shiffman

    trout Guest

    Robert Shiffman wrote:

    > Just found this group and am enjoying it greatly.

    <snip>

    I see now, that at the time of this posting, you had already made
    your first suggestion for improvement.
    --
    "*sigh*"
    trout, Jul 29, 2003
  7. Robert Shiffman

    TCEBob Guest

    But, of course. Other NGs advise to reduce the clutter and
    so I am in the habit of erasing the prior gab. If you do not
    sort by conversation it would make it even harder.

    RS

    TCEBob, Jul 29, 2003
  8. Robert Shiffman

    TCEBob Guest

    I do apologise for busting in like the proverbial bull, but
    something in the treatment of the poster got my back up. Not
    this group, particularly, which appears quite courteous by
    comparison with some others. But it's working, isn't it, the
    democratic process? A voices an opinion and B disagrees. C,
    who is reading the exchange, now has food for thought.

    RS

    TCEBob, Jul 29, 2003
  9. Robert Shiffman

    TCEBob Guest

    I have it up now and will read it. Thanks.

    RS

    TCEBob, Jul 29, 2003
  10. Robert Shiffman

    Brian H¹© Guest

    TCEBob said:

    > I have it up now and will read it. Thanks.

    Is that a boast?

    Brian H¹©, Jul 29, 2003
  11. Robert Shiffman

    TCEBob Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    >> I have it up now and will read it. Thanks.

    > Is that a boast?

    Hey, Brian, if THAT ever happens again I intend to throw a
    party.

    rs
    TCEBob, Jul 29, 2003