    1. Advertising

  2. Guest

    , Aug 17, 2006

  3. Guest

    , Aug 17, 2006
  4. Guest

    > Well, what did you expect? Newer cameras have the same size sensors as
    > older cameras, but more pixels - of course you're gonna get more noise.
    > That's not really surprising.
    >
    > -Gniewko

    Yes,and that's a problem...5 years of new technology and and much more
    bad image...it's a disaster....Agree?hi

    , Aug 17, 2006
  5. Rob-L Guest

    Rob-L, Aug 17, 2006
  6. Guest

    wrote:

    > > Well, what did you expect? Newer cameras have the same size sensors as
    > > older cameras, but more pixels - of course you're gonna get more noise.
    > > That's not really surprising.
    > >
    > > -Gniewko

    > Yes,and that's a problem...5 years of new technology and and much more
    > bad image...it's a disaster....Agree?hi

    Well, no matter how much technology progresses, you can't break the
    laws of physics. Higher resolution means smaller pixels, which means
    that each pixel gets fewer photons, which means more noise. There isn't
    anything that camera manufacturers can do to really get rid of the
    noise, except maybe start cooling the sensor.

    They can of course apply noise reduction algorithms, but that causes
    its own problems. Personally, I prefer the camera to do very little
    noise reduction. I would rather have a noisy picture with more detail,
    than a picture without noise and without detail. I can always clean up
    a noisy picture on the computer.

    In-camera noise reduction sucks anyway, because it's always compromised
    by the need for speed. When you do noise reduction on your computer,
    it's OK if processing one picture takes 10 seconds. But such a lag
    would be absolutely unacceptable for a camera. So noise reduction on
    the computer will always be better than noise reduction in the camera.

    -Gniewko

    , Aug 17, 2006
  7. Most of the noise here comes from you!

    I hope you are very happy now you have ruined Fuji's reputation.

    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 18, 2006
  8. John Turco Guest

    David J Taylor wrote:

    > Most of the noise here comes from you!
    >
    > I hope you are very happy now you have ruined Fuji's reputation.
    >
    > David

    Hello, David:

    What reputation? :-J

    Cordially,