    would take get to a level suitable for the exam ?

    3 or 6 months assuming you work on it a few hours a week ?
    Or will it take much longer.
    billy, Apr 30, 2004

  2. Billy wrote:
    >> I'm a programmer with about 3 yrs commercial exp.
    >> Little .NET knowledge so far -- how long do you think it
    >> would take get to a level suitable for the exam ?

    > 3 or 6 months assuming you work on it a few hours a week ?
    > Or will it take much longer.

    What types of languages do you have experence with? VB6?

    Charles
    Charles Green, Apr 30, 2004

  3. billy

    Guest Guest

    My background is VB6 and SQL2000.
    Also Perl

    Guest, Apr 30, 2004
  4. Billy with
    3yrs of commercial VB 6 and SQL2000 experience you should be
    in good shape in as little as 1 - 2 months depending on how much
    time you have to study. I have seen books that are designed exspecially
    for people moving from VB6 to VB.NET.

    Charles
    Charles Green, May 1, 2004
  5. billy

    Eric Guest

    billy wrote:

    > I'm a programmer with about 3 yrs commercial exp.
    > Little .NET knowledge so far -- how long do you think it
    > would take get to a level suitable for the exam ?
    >
    > 3 or 6 months assuming you work on it a few hours a week ?
    > Or will it take much longer.

    I'd say maybe 2 or 3 months if you use the Mike Gunderloy Traing Guide
    book for 70-305. You need to do a lot of the examples at first, but you
    can skip some after you get more familier with it.

    Once you finish the 70-305, the other tests should take less time
    (70-310 and 70-306).
    Eric, May 3, 2004