  1. Is there any way for me to ebable extremely long file names on my CD drive?
    This is the second drive I've had that truncates my file names when I burn
    a CD, and it completely screws up my directories.
    John Schutkeker, Aug 3, 2005

  2. John Schutkeker

    S.Heenan Guest

    John Schutkeker wrote:
    > Is there any way for me to ebable extremely long file names on my CD drive?
    > This is the second drive I've had that truncates my file names when I burn
    > a CD, and it completely screws up my directories.

    Nero and others will allow a path depth of greater than 8 directories;
    more than 255 characters in path; more than 64 characters in Joliet names.

    File|New|ISO tab for Nero 6.6.x.x
    S.Heenan, Aug 3, 2005

  3. Howdy!

    "John Schutkeker" <> wrote in message

    > Is there any way for me to ebable extremely long file names on my CD

    drive?
    > This is the second drive I've had that truncates my file names when I burn
    > a CD, and it completely screws up my directories.

    ZIP or RAR the files into an archive.

    Or design your own file system.

    Or make the intelligence in the name not so dependent on the path
    depth / how long you can make the file name.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 4, 2005
  4. "S.Heenan" <> wrote in

    > John Schutkeker wrote:
    >> Is there any way for me to ebable extremely long file names on my CD
    >> drive? This is the second drive I've had that truncates my file
    >> names when I burn a CD, and it completely screws up my directories.

    > Nero and others will allow a path depth of greater than 8 directories;
    > more than 255 characters in path; more than 64 characters in Joliet
    > names.
    >
    > File|New|ISO tab for Nero 6.6.x.x

    Nero is one of the packages that screwed me. Did they fix it?
    John Schutkeker, Aug 5, 2005