    Mbps (802.11.G - DI-624 router). I am wondering if there is anything
    that might be contibuting to such a long delay.

    Thanks,
    Bosco836, Mar 11, 2006

  2. Bosco836

    Bosco836 Guest

    Bosco836 wrote:
    > I have a multi-computer network set up composed of several wired and
    > one wireless machine. My main wired machine (XP Pro - 3Ghz - 1GB of
    > ram) seems to experience extreamly long delays of 2-3 minutes when
    > trying to access my wireless machine (XP Home - 1.73Ghz Pentium M -
    > 1GB of ram). However, it does not experience any delays while
    > accessing the shared folder on other wired machines. I have checked
    > the speed of the wireless network, and it is connected at a full 54
    > Mbps (802.11.G - DI-624 router). I am wondering if there is anything
    > that might be contibuting to such a long delay.
    >
    > Thanks

    I failed to mention in my first post, that the problem goes away, if I
    connect the computer via ethernet to the network.
    Bosco836, Mar 11, 2006

  3. Bosco836

    DrCrock Guest

    Bosco836 wrote:
    > Bosco836 wrote:
    >> I have a multi-computer network set up composed of several wired and
    >> one wireless machine. My main wired machine (XP Pro - 3Ghz - 1GB of
    >> ram) seems to experience extreamly long delays of 2-3 minutes when
    >> trying to access my wireless machine (XP Home - 1.73Ghz Pentium M -
    >> 1GB of ram). However, it does not experience any delays while
    >> accessing the shared folder on other wired machines. I have checked
    >> the speed of the wireless network, and it is connected at a full 54
    >> Mbps (802.11.G - DI-624 router). I am wondering if there is anything
    >> that might be contibuting to such a long delay.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > I failed to mention in my first post, that the problem goes away, if I
    > connect the computer via ethernet to the network.

    Whats the delay like when you try and access the wireless from the other
    wired machines?

    Is there are delay from the wireless accessing the wired also?
    DrCrock, Mar 11, 2006
  4. Bosco836 wrote:

    > Bosco836 wrote:
    >> I have a multi-computer network set up composed of several wired and
    >> one wireless machine. My main wired machine (XP Pro - 3Ghz - 1GB of
    >> ram) seems to experience extreamly long delays of 2-3 minutes when
    >> trying to access my wireless machine (XP Home - 1.73Ghz Pentium M -
    >> 1GB of ram). However, it does not experience any delays while
    >> accessing the shared folder on other wired machines. I have checked
    >> the speed of the wireless network, and it is connected at a full 54
    >> Mbps (802.11.G - DI-624 router). I am wondering if there is anything
    >> that might be contibuting to such a long delay.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > I failed to mention in my first post, that the problem goes away, if I
    > connect the computer via ethernet to the network.

    Probably the route via ethernet has lower "cost" defined and is still
    present in the router, even when you cut the ethernet. Your router might
    lack media sense on the ethernet port(s).
    Another possibility is a firewalled router, which blocks some ports (like
    webdav) instead of just rejecting, when going wireless paths. As a check,
    disable "web client" in your XP clients manglement/services section.
    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, Mar 11, 2006