    1. Advertising

  2. doS

    Ponder Guest

    Ponder, Jul 8, 2006

  3. doS

    SgtMinor Guest

  4. Ponder wrote:
    > Hiya doS.
    >
    > In <news:ONUrg.4$> you wrote:
    >
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/Need-a-friend-N...ryZ50341QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    > No purchases have been made.

    But it looked like a brand new auction, so there's no telling what will
    happen. People are idiots.

    > Now *there's* a surprise ;)

    I keep wondering what the dumbass is going to do if he gets any takers.

    Apparently he needs $5,000 for something. I don't know if it has
    occurred to him that if he finds 500 people to take him up on it, he's
    committed to at least 8.5 hours each day answering email, even if he
    gives only 1 minute to reading and answering each one. And it's going to
    take a lot more time than that if any of the emails he receives are
    long.

    One suspects a canned, all-purpose response email, but if he screws up,
    he'll be making a lot of refunds.

    I was once subjected to an email attack by a small-time spammer. I know
    what 500 emails looks like, and $5,000 just isn't enough to muck through
    30 times that many.

    rl
    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    If you ever need some proof that time can heal your wounds,
    just step inside my heart and walk around these rooms;
    where the shadows used to be.... Mary Chapin Carpenter
    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jul 9, 2006