    differential equations?
    A: The Perrier transform.
    Shane, May 1, 2007

  2. Shane

    sam Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > As posted on the local LUG list
    > http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/05/01/1333205&from=rss
    > Dell and Canonical are finally making it official. Dell is scheduled to
    > announce today that it has reached a partnership with Canonical to sell
    > Dell desktops and laptops with Ubuntu preinstalled, to be sold through the
    > Dell Web site. The move follows a deluge of requests for preinstalled Linux
    > desktops on Dell's IdeaStorm site in February.
    >
    > Jane Silber, director of operations for Canonical, says Canonical will be
    > working to certify certain models of Dell computers to ensure that they
    > work with Ubuntu. The two companies are not announcing what models will
    > ship with Ubuntu at this time, but Nick Selby, senior analyst with The 451
    > Group, says that there will be one notebook and three desktop systems.

    Perhaps this model
    http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/corp/biographies/en/msd_computers?c=us&l=en&s=corp
    sam, May 2, 2007

  3. Shane

    bAZZ Guest

    On Wed, 02 May 2007 09:36:57 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    wrote:

    > As posted on the local LUG list
    > http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/05/01/1333205&from=rss
    > Dell and Canonical are finally making it official. Dell is scheduled to
    > announce today that it has reached a partnership with Canonical to sell
    > Dell desktops and laptops with Ubuntu preinstalled, to be sold through
    > the
    > Dell Web site. The move follows a deluge of requests for preinstalled
    > Linux
    > desktops on Dell's IdeaStorm site in February.
    >
    > Jane Silber, director of operations for Canonical, says Canonical will be
    > working to certify certain models of Dell computers to ensure that they
    > work with Ubuntu. The two companies are not announcing what models will
    > ship with Ubuntu at this time, but Nick Selby, senior analyst with The
    > 451
    > Group, says that there will be one notebook and three desktop systems.

    On a related note....

    Todays ODT (otago daily) had an article in the computer section that said
    same thing. Some 11,000 people on Dells website requested vista removed or
    option of xp or presumably linux installed instead ( it was unclear
    exactly). That's hell lot of customers. Not only that he was scathing of
    vista and office 2007 and removing it from his machines after trying to
    work through issues 3 times withhelp directly from Microsoft. It struck me
    as unusual for IT writer to recommend taking step back rather than
    adopting latest greatest from Microsoft.
    ps..( NOT an anti Microsoft rant just observation of major publication not
    endorsing vista as most seem to :)

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, May 2, 2007