    obvious to show your card to everyone is it.

    I think MS should revise their logo's to better describe
    the qualifications that people have.

    Garry Mc, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Garry Mc

    emg Guest

    Why do you care so much? Do you think anyone spends THAT MUCH TIME gazing
    at your business card and the beauty of the graphics that adorn it?

    I have found that the certs in general don't garner that much admiration in
    the business community. I certainly never bothered with pasting logos on my
    resume or business cards.

    emg, Oct 2, 2003

  3. Garry Mc

    The Rock Guest

    I totally agree with you, MS should add the .net logo on it. Because we all
    got the same situation.!
    Pls send an email to to complain this problem to them.

    The Rock, Oct 2, 2003
  4. Garry Mc

    Jim Parker Guest

    If you "taste the critical corrective package from M$" you get an official
    October 2003 Cumulative Patch, suitable for ironing on your shirt sleeve.

    :-0
    JD.

    Jim Parker, Oct 2, 2003
  5. Garry Mc

    TRT Guest

    I've already posted about this. I worked my ass off and
    took all 5 exams in 21 days -- taking the last on
    September 30th. I thought that the transcript would have
    at least mentioned the achievement but it doesn't. As
    you said, there is no reference to anything relating to
    the differece between an MCSD.NET and MCSD logo. (unless
    you count the very old MCSD logo from the WinArch I&II
    exam days).

    I'm very disappointed with not only the logos, but the
    benefits provided. These days the certification doesn't
    really appear to add value to me. The only thing it
    succeeds in doing is making me look self-involved by
    adding my certifications to my name and my business cards.

    Nobody really recognizes them as a great acheivement
    anymore (and they shouldn't, the tests are too damn easy
    and anyone can get them without much thought). No one
    really looks at an MCSD and says "WOW, that guy knows
    what hes talking about".

    The only way the industry is going to accept this cert as
    somethign more than a logo is if they first start
    respecting their own by offering more benefits to the
    individuals who obtain certification. Aside from that,
    the exams should become more difficult and should be more
    indicative of what it takes to perform the job function
    as an architect.

    TRT, Oct 3, 2003
  6. Garry Mc

    Jim Parker Guest

    Now wait a minute.
    It says right on the cert website exactly what you get from Microsoft for
    certification, including examples of the logos and exactly what you get for
    "early achiever". Those are all there for anybody to see before they even
    start the certification process.
    If you busted your ass and expected more then whose fault is it?

    What are all these 'benefits' you were expecting? Do you think Oracle gives
    you a free server for getting certified? Do you think Sun puts your name on
    the next copy of Solaris?

    I just don't get it. If you worked hard and deserve the accreditation, then
    you should be happy that you got it.
    Quit whining.

    JD.

    Jim Parker, Oct 3, 2003
  7. Garry Mc

    McD Guest

    With the .NET endorsement!!!
    ACT NOW!!

    McD, Oct 4, 2003
  8. Garry Mc

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I have found that the certs in general don't garner that much admiration in
    >the business community.

    Sad but true..

    Kline Sphere, Oct 4, 2003
  9. Re: AMEN

    And pass the ammunition.

    --
    Fris "I prefer AWOMAN mahself" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Oct 14, 2003
  10. Garry Mc

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: AMEN

    >And pass the ammunition.

    You're not going to start up that old Guns 'n' Ammo thread again, are
    you Fris? I learnt so much about guns in that thread, I reckon it
    deserves a 're-post', he, he...

    Kline Sphere, Oct 14, 2003