Logon

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by eejut, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. eejut

    eejut Guest

    Does anyone know how to switch off the need to log on each time I boot up my
    PC?

    I am the system administrator and have done all I can in the control panel
    as far as I can see.



    x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
     
    eejut, Oct 5, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. eejut

    Brian H¹© Guest

    eejut said:

    > Does anyone know how to switch off the need to log on each time I boot up my
    > PC?


    Depends what OS you are talking about.

    >
    > I am the system administrator and have done all I can in the control panel
    > as far as I can see.


    How far can you see?
    With good eyesight, at night, you should be able to see a candle glow at 14
    miles.

    >
    >
    >
    > x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    > x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    > x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    > x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
     
    Brian H¹©, Oct 5, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. eejut wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to switch off the need to log on each time I
    > boot up my PC?
    >
    > I am the system administrator and have done all I can in the control
    > panel as far as I can see.
    >
    >
    >
    > x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    > x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    > x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    > x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD


    You should NOT, (as I assume from your post) use the built-in Administrator
    account for day-to-day use. This account needs to be kept for when (not if!)
    your user account goes belly-up.
    Create a user account and assign it Administrator privileges for daily use.

    --
    Google is your Friend
    Email address deliberately false to avoid spam:
    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
     
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 5, 2003
    #3
  4. eejut

    slumpy Guest

    "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

    > eejut said:
    >
    >> Does anyone know how to switch off the need to log on each time I
    >> boot up my PC?

    >
    > Depends what OS you are talking about.
    >
    >>
    >> I am the system administrator and have done all I can in the control
    >> panel as far as I can see.

    >
    > How far can you see?
    > With good eyesight, at night, you should be able to see a candle glow
    > at 14 miles.


    Only if you are looking the right way and they've left their curtains
    open.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    no less
    just slumpy
     
    slumpy, Oct 5, 2003
    #4
  5. eejut

    eejut Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    news:N%Wfb.7366$...
    > eejut said:
    >
    > > Does anyone know how to switch off the need to log on each time I boot

    up my
    > > PC?

    >
    > Depends what OS you are talking about.


    XP Pro

    >
    > >
    > > I am the system administrator and have done all I can in the control

    panel
    > > as far as I can see.

    >
    > How far can you see?
    > With good eyesight, at night, you should be able to see a candle glow at

    14
    > miles.


    Yes, I am able to see that far, so does that now qualify me for the dubious
    benefit of your advice or more of your infantile attempts at humour?

    I really just want to log on without having to sign in or have sign in boxes
    appear. If it means that to get an answer I need to swap banalities with
    you, well let's get on with it half-wit.

    Or if you don't know kindly **** off! <smiling sweetly>

    >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    > > x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    > > x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    > > x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    >
    >
    >




    x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
     
    eejut, Oct 5, 2003
    #5
  6. eejut

    Brian H¹© Guest

    eejut said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > news:N%Wfb.7366$...
    >> eejut said:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know how to switch off the need to log on each time I boot up my
    >>> PC?

    >>
    >> Depends what OS you are talking about.

    >
    > XP Pro
    >
    >>
    >>>
    >>> I am the system administrator and have done all I can in the control panel
    >>> as far as I can see.

    >>
    >> How far can you see?
    >> With good eyesight, at night, you should be able to see a candle glow at 14
    >> miles.

    >
    > Yes, I am able to see that far, so does that now qualify me for the dubious
    > benefit of your advice or more of your infantile attempts at humour?
    >
    > I really just want to log on without having to sign in or have sign in boxes


    Stating your OS would have helped in the first place.

    > appear. If it means that to get an answer I need to swap banalities with


    > you, well let's get on with it half-wit.
    >
    > Or if you don't know kindly **** off! <smiling sweetly>


    I *do* know, but with your attitude, I shan't bother.

    Kindly **** off yourself. <not smiling sweetly>

    >
    >>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    >>> x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    >>> x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    >>> x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
    >
    > x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    > x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    > x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    > x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
     
    Brian H¹©, Oct 5, 2003
    #6
  7. eejut

    eejut Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    news:maYfb.7410$...
    > eejut said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > > news:N%Wfb.7366$...
    > >> eejut said:
    > >>
    > >>> Does anyone know how to switch off the need to log on each time I boot

    up my
    > >>> PC?
    > >>
    > >> Depends what OS you are talking about.

    > >
    > > XP Pro
    > >
    > >>
    > >>>
    > >>> I am the system administrator and have done all I can in the control

    panel
    > >>> as far as I can see.
    > >>
    > >> How far can you see?
    > >> With good eyesight, at night, you should be able to see a candle glow

    at 14
    > >> miles.

    > >
    > > Yes, I am able to see that far, so does that now qualify me for the

    dubious
    > > benefit of your advice or more of your infantile attempts at humour?
    > >
    > > I really just want to log on without having to sign in or have sign in

    boxes
    >
    > Stating your OS would have helped in the first place.
    >
    > > appear. If it means that to get an answer I need to swap banalities with

    >
    > > you, well let's get on with it half-wit.
    > >
    > > Or if you don't know kindly **** off! <smiling sweetly>

    >
    > I *do* know, but with your attitude, I shan't bother.


    It's quite obvious Brian love that you *don't* know. You sound a bumptious
    prick and if you did know, you would be jumping out of your chair trying to
    impress people with your brilliance.

    >
    > Kindly **** off yourself. <not smiling sweetly>


    Certainly not, you look as though you might provide some sport on a dull
    Sunday afternoon! Waddayasay Brian love? <snigger>

    >
    > >
    > >>
    > >>>
    > >>>
    > >>>
    > >>> x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    > >>> x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    > >>> x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    > >>> x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>

    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    > > x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    > > x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    > > x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    >
    >
    >




    x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
     
    eejut, Oct 5, 2003
    #7
  8. eejut

    Brian H¹© Guest

    eejut said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > news:maYfb.7410$...
    >> eejut said:
    >>
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:N%Wfb.7366$...
    >>>> eejut said:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Does anyone know how to switch off the need to log on each time I boot up
    >>>>> my PC?
    >>>>
    >>>> Depends what OS you are talking about.
    >>>
    >>> XP Pro
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I am the system administrator and have done all I can in the control panel
    >>>>> as far as I can see.
    >>>>
    >>>> How far can you see?
    >>>> With good eyesight, at night, you should be able to see a candle glow at 14
    >>>> miles.
    >>>
    >>> Yes, I am able to see that far, so does that now qualify me for the dubious
    >>> benefit of your advice or more of your infantile attempts at humour?
    >>>
    >>> I really just want to log on without having to sign in or have sign in boxes

    >>
    >> Stating your OS would have helped in the first place.
    >>
    >>> appear. If it means that to get an answer I need to swap banalities with

    >>
    >>> you, well let's get on with it half-wit.
    >>>
    >>> Or if you don't know kindly **** off! <smiling sweetly>

    >>
    >> I *do* know, but with your attitude, I shan't bother.

    >
    > It's quite obvious Brian love that you *don't* know. You sound a bumptious
    > prick and if you did know, you would be jumping out of your chair trying to


    Yes I do, because in 95/98 its simply a question of changing logon method in
    Internet Options.
    Someone has already pointed out that you shouldn't be signing in under admin but
    under a user with admin assigned permissions.
    So for an admin, you don't know much do you?


    > impress people with your brilliance.
    >
    >>
    >> Kindly **** off yourself. <not smiling sweetly>

    >
    > Certainly not, you look as though you might provide some sport on a dull
    > Sunday afternoon! Waddayasay Brian love? <snigger>


    Your sig is non-compliant, it should be -- (dash dash space) not x--

    >
    >>
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    >>>>> x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    >>>>> x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    >>>>> x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    >>> x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    >>> x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    >>> x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
    >
    > x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    > x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    > x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    > x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
     
    Brian H¹©, Oct 5, 2003
    #8
  9. eejut

    eejut Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    news:xmYfb.7418$...
    > eejut said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > > news:maYfb.7410$...
    > >> eejut said:
    > >>
    > >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > >>> news:N%Wfb.7366$...
    > >>>> eejut said:
    > >>>>
    > >>>>> Does anyone know how to switch off the need to log on each time I

    boot up
    > >>>>> my PC?
    > >>>>
    > >>>> Depends what OS you are talking about.
    > >>>
    > >>> XP Pro
    > >>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>> I am the system administrator and have done all I can in the control

    panel
    > >>>>> as far as I can see.
    > >>>>
    > >>>> How far can you see?
    > >>>> With good eyesight, at night, you should be able to see a candle glow

    at 14
    > >>>> miles.
    > >>>
    > >>> Yes, I am able to see that far, so does that now qualify me for the

    dubious
    > >>> benefit of your advice or more of your infantile attempts at humour?
    > >>>
    > >>> I really just want to log on without having to sign in or have sign in

    boxes
    > >>
    > >> Stating your OS would have helped in the first place.
    > >>
    > >>> appear. If it means that to get an answer I need to swap banalities

    with
    > >>
    > >>> you, well let's get on with it half-wit.
    > >>>
    > >>> Or if you don't know kindly **** off! <smiling sweetly>
    > >>
    > >> I *do* know, but with your attitude, I shan't bother.

    > >
    > > It's quite obvious Brian love that you *don't* know. You sound a

    bumptious
    > > prick and if you did know, you would be jumping out of your chair trying

    to
    >
    > Yes I do, because in 95/98 its simply a question of changing logon method

    in
    > Internet Options.
    > Someone has already pointed out that you shouldn't be signing in under

    admin but
    > under a user with admin assigned permissions.
    > So for an admin, you don't know much do you?


    No I don't, that's why I came here to seek help. I am "an admin" by default
    as owner of this PC, I'm not quite sure why, other than the fact that there
    has to be a system admin by MS XP default.

    I don't want the log-in box so I simply asked how to get rid of it.

    >
    >
    > > impress people with your brilliance.
    > >
    > >>
    > >> Kindly **** off yourself. <not smiling sweetly>

    > >
    > > Certainly not, you look as though you might provide some sport on a dull
    > > Sunday afternoon! Waddayasay Brian love? <snigger>

    >
    > Your sig is non-compliant, it should be -- (dash dash space) not x--


    I don't know what this means either, but would be happy to comply if I knew
    how.

    >
    > >
    > >>
    > >>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>> x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    > >>>>> x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    > >>>>> x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    > >>>>> x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>
    > >>>
    > >>>
    > >>> x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    > >>> x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    > >>> x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    > >>> x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>

    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    > > x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    > > x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    > > x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    >
    >
    >




    x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
     
    eejut, Oct 5, 2003
    #9
  10. eejut

    Brian H¹© Guest

    eejut said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > news:xmYfb.7418$...
    >> eejut said:
    >>
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:maYfb.7410$...
    >>>> eejut said:
    >>>>
    >>>>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >>>>> news:N%Wfb.7366$...
    >>>>>> eejut said:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Does anyone know how to switch off the need to log on each time I boot
    >>>>>>> up my PC?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Depends what OS you are talking about.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> XP Pro
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> I am the system administrator and have done all I can in the control
    >>>>>>> panel as far as I can see.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> How far can you see?
    >>>>>> With good eyesight, at night, you should be able to see a candle glow at
    >>>>>> 14 miles.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Yes, I am able to see that far, so does that now qualify me for the
    >>>>> dubious benefit of your advice or more of your infantile attempts at
    >>>>> humour?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I really just want to log on without having to sign in or have sign in
    >>>>> boxes
    >>>>
    >>>> Stating your OS would have helped in the first place.
    >>>>
    >>>>> appear. If it means that to get an answer I need to swap banalities with
    >>>>
    >>>>> you, well let's get on with it half-wit.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Or if you don't know kindly **** off! <smiling sweetly>
    >>>>
    >>>> I *do* know, but with your attitude, I shan't bother.
    >>>
    >>> It's quite obvious Brian love that you *don't* know. You sound a bumptious
    >>> prick and if you did know, you would be jumping out of your chair trying to

    >>
    >> Yes I do, because in 95/98 its simply a question of changing logon method in
    >> Internet Options.
    >> Someone has already pointed out that you shouldn't be signing in under admin
    >> but under a user with admin assigned permissions.
    >> So for an admin, you don't know much do you?

    >
    > No I don't, that's why I came here to seek help. I am "an admin" by default
    > as owner of this PC, I'm not quite sure why, other than the fact that there
    > has to be a system admin by MS XP default.
    >
    > I don't want the log-in box so I simply asked how to get rid of it.
    >
    >>
    >>
    >>> impress people with your brilliance.
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Kindly **** off yourself. <not smiling sweetly>
    >>>
    >>> Certainly not, you look as though you might provide some sport on a dull
    >>> Sunday afternoon! Waddayasay Brian love? <snigger>

    >>
    >> Your sig is non-compliant, it should be -- (dash dash space) not x--

    >
    > I don't know what this means either, but would be happy to comply if I knew
    > how.
    >


    (snipped 3 non-compliant sigs)
    Take a look below, you are using x-- instead of -- (dash dash space)
    eejut seems fitting in your case, but even that you have wrong as it's eejit.

    >
    > x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    > x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    > x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    > x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
     
    Brian H¹©, Oct 5, 2003
    #10
  11. eejut

    eejut Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    news:bCYfb.7428$...
    > eejut said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > > news:xmYfb.7418$...
    > >> eejut said:
    > >>
    > >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > >>> news:maYfb.7410$...
    > >>>> eejut said:
    > >>>>
    > >>>>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > >>>>> news:N%Wfb.7366$...
    > >>>>>> eejut said:
    > >>>>>>
    > >>>>>>> Does anyone know how to switch off the need to log on each time I

    boot
    > >>>>>>> up my PC?
    > >>>>>>
    > >>>>>> Depends what OS you are talking about.
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>> XP Pro
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>>>
    > >>>>>>>
    > >>>>>>> I am the system administrator and have done all I can in the

    control
    > >>>>>>> panel as far as I can see.
    > >>>>>>
    > >>>>>> How far can you see?
    > >>>>>> With good eyesight, at night, you should be able to see a candle

    glow at
    > >>>>>> 14 miles.
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>> Yes, I am able to see that far, so does that now qualify me for the
    > >>>>> dubious benefit of your advice or more of your infantile attempts at
    > >>>>> humour?
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>> I really just want to log on without having to sign in or have sign

    in
    > >>>>> boxes
    > >>>>
    > >>>> Stating your OS would have helped in the first place.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>> appear. If it means that to get an answer I need to swap banalities

    with
    > >>>>
    > >>>>> you, well let's get on with it half-wit.
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>> Or if you don't know kindly **** off! <smiling sweetly>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> I *do* know, but with your attitude, I shan't bother.
    > >>>
    > >>> It's quite obvious Brian love that you *don't* know. You sound a

    bumptious
    > >>> prick and if you did know, you would be jumping out of your chair

    trying to
    > >>
    > >> Yes I do, because in 95/98 its simply a question of changing logon

    method in
    > >> Internet Options.
    > >> Someone has already pointed out that you shouldn't be signing in under

    admin
    > >> but under a user with admin assigned permissions.
    > >> So for an admin, you don't know much do you?

    > >
    > > No I don't, that's why I came here to seek help. I am "an admin" by

    default
    > > as owner of this PC, I'm not quite sure why, other than the fact that

    there
    > > has to be a system admin by MS XP default.
    > >
    > > I don't want the log-in box so I simply asked how to get rid of it.
    > >
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>> impress people with your brilliance.
    > >>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> Kindly **** off yourself. <not smiling sweetly>
    > >>>
    > >>> Certainly not, you look as though you might provide some sport on a

    dull
    > >>> Sunday afternoon! Waddayasay Brian love? <snigger>
    > >>
    > >> Your sig is non-compliant, it should be -- (dash dash space) not x--

    > >
    > > I don't know what this means either, but would be happy to comply if I

    knew
    > > how.
    > >

    >
    > (snipped 3 non-compliant sigs)
    > Take a look below, you are using x-- instead of -- (dash dash space)
    > eejut seems fitting in your case, but even that you have wrong as it's

    eejit.

    I am sorry to disillusion you, and I do try very hard to be correct with my
    English, but I am a Scandinavian national and Eejut happens to be my
    Christian name. I'm not quite sure why you would say I have spelt my own
    name wrong.

    And I gather that while you are more than capable of criticising my ability,
    and my grasp of the English language, you are not capable of answering my
    question.

    So, as I said before - "kindly **** off" - and how is it for further
    disrespect? You are a ****!! <smile naughtily>

    >
    > >
    > > x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    > > x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    > > x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    > > x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    >
    >
    >




    x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
     
    eejut, Oct 5, 2003
    #11
  12. eejut

    Brian H¹© Guest

    eejut said:

    (snip)

    > I am sorry to disillusion you, and I do try very hard to be correct with my
    > English, but I am a Scandinavian national and Eejut happens to be my
    > Christian name. I'm not quite sure why you would say I have spelt my own
    > name wrong.


    Nothing in your post said you are Scandinavian, so I wasn't criticizing your
    English.

    >
    > And I gather that while you are more than capable of criticising my ability,
    > and my grasp of the English language, you are not capable of answering my
    > question.
    >
    > So, as I said before - "kindly **** off" - and how is it for further


    > disrespect? You are a ****!! <smile naughtily>



    Thanks, I'm sure that those who would have been happy to help you won't bother
    now.

    BTW, your signature (below) is still broken.

    >
    >>
    >>>
    >>> x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    >>> x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    >>> x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    >>> x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    >>
    >>
    >>
     
    Brian H¹©, Oct 5, 2003
    #12
  13. eejut

    voodoo Guest

    On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 18:17:21 +0100, "Brian H¹©" <>
    wrote:

    >So for an admin, you don't know much do you?


    I don't wish to take sides in your argument with this poster, Brian,
    but after all, it doesn't take many qualifications to be an
    "administrator" if you are running XP Pro. The same applies to Win2k
    Pro.

    For instance, when I purchased my PC, it came with Win2k Pro pre
    loaded on it. I bought it for home use. The reason I bought this
    particular PC with Win2k Pro was because I got a good deal on it and
    it just happened to be loaded with that OS.

    But now that I own that PC, I automatically become the admin because
    when you boot up the PC for the first time it boots up to it's built
    in admin account, and since it's my PC, I set it up using that admin
    account and therefore I am in fact the admin whether I am "qualified"
    to be an admin or not.

    I know what you are saying. He may not be qualified to be an admin in
    his workplace's IT department, but he sure as heck can be his own XP
    Pro PC's admin.
     
    voodoo, Oct 5, 2003
    #13
  14. eejut

    Brian H¹© Guest

    voodoo said:

    > On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 18:17:21 +0100, "Brian H¹©" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> So for an admin, you don't know much do you?

    >
    > I don't wish to take sides in your argument with this poster, Brian,
    > but after all, it doesn't take many qualifications to be an
    > "administrator" if you are running XP Pro. The same applies to Win2k
    > Pro.
    >
    > For instance, when I purchased my PC, it came with Win2k Pro pre
    > loaded on it. I bought it for home use. The reason I bought this
    > particular PC with Win2k Pro was because I got a good deal on it and
    > it just happened to be loaded with that OS.
    >
    > But now that I own that PC, I automatically become the admin because
    > when you boot up the PC for the first time it boots up to it's built
    > in admin account, and since it's my PC, I set it up using that admin
    > account and therefore I am in fact the admin whether I am "qualified"
    > to be an admin or not.


    I have Win2000 Pro, so I know what you mean, but..... when I boot/reboot, my
    system starts up in my user name.
    If I want to go into Admin mode, I have to logoff and logon as Admin, then when
    I have finished, I restart in user mode.

    >
    > I know what you are saying. He may not be qualified to be an admin in
    > his workplace's IT department, but he sure as heck can be his own XP
    > Pro PC's admin.


    What makes me laugh is when the post starts "I am administrator" which gives the
    initial impression that the poster knows/should know what they are doing.
     
    Brian H¹©, Oct 5, 2003
    #14
  15. eejut

    voodoo Guest

    On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 16:39:07 +0100, "eejut" <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know how to switch off the need to log on each time I boot up my
    >PC?
    >
    >I am the system administrator and have done all I can in the control panel
    >as far as I can see.


    I think you can accomplish that using the Tweak UI Control Panel
    applet. At least I was able to on my Win2k Pro system. If you don't
    have Tweak UI do a search for it.

    As far as that "don't use your admin account" argument goes, I have
    hear that too. And I understand the logic behind it.

    But here is some anecdotal evidence for what it's worth. I have been
    running my Win2k machine exclusively in the admin mode for two years
    now with no adverse effects whatsoever. Perhaps it helps that I am
    behind a hardware firewall, so take my experience for what it's worth.
     
    voodoo, Oct 5, 2003
    #15
  16. eejut

    voodoo Guest

    On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:06:33 +0100, "Brian H¹©" <>
    wrote:

    >What makes me laugh is when the post starts "I am administrator" which gives the
    >initial impression that the poster knows/should know what they are doing.


    Yes, I see your point.
     
    voodoo, Oct 5, 2003
    #16
  17. eejut

    Bri. Guest

    Brian H¹© typed...
    > eejut said:
    >
    > (snip)


    Post propagation is somewhat awry this evening, I haven't seen one post
    from eejut here yet.

    --
    Bri.
     
    Bri., Oct 5, 2003
    #17
  18. eejut

    eejut Guest

    "voodoo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 16:39:07 +0100, "eejut" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Does anyone know how to switch off the need to log on each time I boot up

    my
    > >PC?
    > >
    > >I am the system administrator and have done all I can in the control

    panel
    > >as far as I can see.

    >
    > I think you can accomplish that using the Tweak UI Control Panel
    > applet. At least I was able to on my Win2k Pro system. If you don't
    > have Tweak UI do a search for it.
    >
    > As far as that "don't use your admin account" argument goes, I have
    > hear that too. And I understand the logic behind it.
    >
    > But here is some anecdotal evidence for what it's worth. I have been
    > running my Win2k machine exclusively in the admin mode for two years
    > now with no adverse effects whatsoever. Perhaps it helps that I am
    > behind a hardware firewall, so take my experience for what it's worth.
    >


    I seem to have inadvertently trampled on some vanity here which was not my
    intention. I know little about my PC protocol but much about foul language,
    being taught by visiting American servicemen. <S>

    I mean no harm but this Brian is gratuitous with his insults first.

    I am sorry; I will try Tweakui which I have downloaded, but I can't see how
    it will help me to boot my PC without this wretched login window.



    x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
     
    eejut, Oct 5, 2003
    #18
  19. eejut

    voodoo Guest

    On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:24:29 +0100, "eejut" <> wrote:

    >I am sorry; I will try Tweakui which I have downloaded, but I can't see how
    >it will help me to boot my PC without this wretched login window.


    Open Tweak UI, then click on the Logon tab, then select "Logon
    automatically at system startup."
     
    voodoo, Oct 5, 2003
    #19
  20. eejut

    trout Guest

    eejut wrote:

    > "voodoo" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 16:39:07 +0100, "eejut" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know how to switch off the need to log on each time I
    >>> boot up my PC?
    >>>
    >>> I am the system administrator and have done all I can in the
    >>> control panel as far as I can see.

    >>
    >> I think you can accomplish that using the Tweak UI Control Panel
    >> applet. At least I was able to on my Win2k Pro system. If you don't
    >> have Tweak UI do a search for it.
    >>
    >> As far as that "don't use your admin account" argument goes, I have
    >> hear that too. And I understand the logic behind it.
    >>
    >> But here is some anecdotal evidence for what it's worth. I have been
    >> running my Win2k machine exclusively in the admin mode for two years
    >> now with no adverse effects whatsoever. Perhaps it helps that I am
    >> behind a hardware firewall, so take my experience for what it's
    >> worth.
    >>

    >
    > I seem to have inadvertently trampled on some vanity here which was
    > not my intention. I know little about my PC protocol but much about
    > foul language, being taught by visiting American servicemen. <S>
    >
    > I mean no harm but this Brian is gratuitous with his insults first.
    >
    > I am sorry; I will try Tweakui which I have downloaded, but I can't
    > see how it will help me to boot my PC without this wretched login
    > window.


    Tweak UI will give you the option to 'Auto-logon'.
    As to the rest of the thread; I suggest you re-read it. Brian made
    (perhaps a dopey) comment about eyesight. It was facetious, but not an
    "insult". And there really wasn't much more to tell you at the time, as
    you hadn't mentioned your OS.
    Your reply of "infantile", "half-wit", and an invitation to '****
    off if you don't know the answer' to the *first person that replies to
    you* is not generally recommended as an auspicious beginning to an
    informative thread.
    It is Usenet, after all, and anyone can answer in any fashion they
    please. What *you* do with that sets the 'tone' of the thread, and
    ultimately decides whether or not you get your problem solved, or waste
    a lot of time arguing pointlessly with people you don't know.
    --
    "Suit yourself."
     
    trout, Oct 5, 2003
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. MEngrie

    logon using Wireless/WiFI

    MEngrie, Sep 15, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    624
  2. Jeff Durham

    Re: Initiate Wireless Connection Before Logon

    Jeff Durham, Sep 22, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    3,087
    Jeff Durham
    Sep 22, 2004
  3. CJH
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,927
  4. Graham
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    724
    Graham
    Jan 24, 2004
  5. Jeroen Wijnands

    Re: Events: Logon vs Account Logon

    Jeroen Wijnands, Mar 6, 2006, in forum: MCSA
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    647
    Jeroen Wijnands
    Mar 6, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page