    How do I get rid of the Log On screen that appears so that when the computer
    starts up, it just goes straight to my desktop?

    Thanks, Grace

    Grace, Nov 29, 2005

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Nov 29, 2005

  3. Grace

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:00:29 +0800, Grace wrote:

    >How do I get rid of the Log On screen that appears so that when the computer
    >starts up, it just goes straight to my desktop?

    Which o-p-e-r-a-t-i-n-g s-y-s-t-e-m? It may make a difference to the
    answers you get.

    If it's Windows XP and the default user account permissions are
    administrator, you don't want to do that it's a security risk.

    If you still want to go that way,
    search www.google.com using the keywords

    Windows XP Auto Login

    Or id it's another version of Windows, hence a MS product try a search
    here http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

    See the 2nd URL, the MS one 1st.

    Windows XP Auto Login. You can configure Windows XP to automate the
    logon process
    if your computer is not part of a domain. Computers configured in a ...
    http://8help.osu.edu/2063.html - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

    How to turn on automatic logon in Windows XP
    Describes how to use Registry Editor to automate the logon process in
    Windows XP.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315231 - Similar pages

    Configure Windows XP to Automatically Login
    For Windows XP Home, don't try to auto-login as the built-in
    Administrator, as
    you'll receive a restrictions error. Method 2: Using TweakUI ...
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Autologon.htm - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

    Windows XP: Auto Logon to Windows XP
    Tip: How to configure Windows to automate the logon process.
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/tips/knox2.mspx - 18k
    - Cached - Similar pages

    Annoyances.org - Get Rid of the Logon Screen
    If you have one user account and no password configured, Windows XP will
    log you
    .... but need it to Auto Logon (Darin: Monday, July 21, 2003); [Windows
    XP] ...
    www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article04-103 - 18k - 27 Nov 2005 - Cached
    - Similar pages

    >Thanks, Grace