    right pain.

    Cheers All.

    Jim

    Jimbo, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Jimbo

    Prof.Doogle Guest

    Jimbo , wrote in message
    jrgf.2884$:
    > Sorry about the crappy heading. But anyway. How can I stop XP from
    > automatically going to the logon page if the pc is left alone for a
    > few mins. Normally is doesn't bother me but when watching tv it turns
    > into a right pain.

    It's teasing you. It'll stop doing it if you're stern enough to it.

    --
    It's all in a days work - ask me another

    Prof.Doogle, Nov 21, 2005

  3. Jimbo

    Deano Guest

    Jimbo wrote:
    > Sorry about the crappy heading. But anyway. How can I stop XP from
    > automatically going to the logon page if the pc is left alone for a
    > few mins. Normally is doesn't bother me but when watching tv it turns
    > into a right pain.
    >
    > Cheers All.
    >

    > Jim

    I *think*, not being a regular XP user, that the setting is in the Power
    applet in the control panel. Something about prompting for a password when
    the screensaver is on. Actually it could be in display settings.

    Deano, Nov 21, 2005
  4. Jimbo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:43824ccb$0$82666$,
    Deano spewed forth:
    > Jimbo wrote:
    >> Sorry about the crappy heading. But anyway. How can I stop XP from
    >> automatically going to the logon page if the pc is left alone for a
    >> few mins. Normally is doesn't bother me but when watching tv it turns
    >> into a right pain.
    >>
    >> Cheers All.
    >>

    >> Jim

    > I *think*, not being a regular XP user, that the setting is in the
    > Power applet in the control panel.

    Sort of. The option in the power options is for resuming from standby, not
    the screen saver.

    > Something about prompting for a
    > password when the screensaver is on. Actually it could be in display
    > settings.

    Maybe. This one is for the screen saver - display properties, screen saver,
    uncheck the password protect.

    Most likely, what he needs is in Users. Look at the options for "Change the
    way users log on and off". Or it's a combination of all three...

    --
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
    still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 22, 2005