    please wait and take at least 10 mins for it too go and then it either
    reboots itself or just reloads the log on screen, i have gone in to safe mode
    and that still wont work and i havnt recently installed any new drivers

    Catie McNelly, May 20, 2008

  2. Catie McNelly

    Carlos Guest

    Catie,
    Go to the same screen you chose "Safe Mode" as a startup option, and choose
    System Restore.
    Try to restore your laptop to a prior (pre-catastrophe) restore point.
    You may have not - consciously - installed new drivers but a recent
    automatic update might have screwed things up.
    I am also assuming that you know how to press F8 during startup in order to
    access the boot options.
    Best of luck.

    Carlos

    Carlos, May 20, 2008

  3. i have tried pressing F8 and i get safe mode and all the usual ones but i
    dont get the system restore option is there any other way you can restore it
    or anything else i can do

    Catie McNelly, May 21, 2008
  4. Catie McNelly

    Carlos Guest

    Catie,
    You may want to try either of these two options:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940765
    http://www.maximumpcguides.com/revert-to-a-previous-system-restore-point-in-windows-vista/

    Carlos

    Carlos, May 21, 2008
  5. Catie McNelly

    Carlos Guest

    Catie,
    You may find a solution in either of these two options:

    Carlos, May 21, 2008
  6. tried it so i took it to the shop and they couldn't get my hard drive as it
    was all corrupted and they reinstalled windows vista 3 times and it still
    wouldnt work so it had to be replaced

    Catie McNelly, Jun 3, 2008