Logitechs terrible customer support Please read before buying anything Logitech

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Hugh Tyler, Aug 17, 2006.

  1. Hugh Tyler

    Hugh Tyler Guest

    Hugh Tyler, Aug 17, 2006

  2. RE: Logitechs terrible customer support Please read before buying anyt

    That's funny,.. x64forlife edits a driver set to work with xp and gets banned
    from the forum. Have heard rumors that there were some vendors that don't
    write thier own drivers, but instead wait for the masses to get frustrated
    enough to hack thier own, then take that hack alter it themselves and put it
    out as thiers.. sometimes i have to wonder.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGZlaWZlcg==?=, Aug 18, 2006

  3. Hugh Tyler

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Re: Logitechs terrible customer support Please read before buying anyt

    On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 04:47:01 -0700, dfeifer
    <> wrote:

    >That's funny,.. x64forlife edits a driver set to work with xp and gets banned
    >from the forum. Have heard rumors that there were some vendors that don't
    >write thier own drivers, but instead wait for the masses to get frustrated
    >enough to hack thier own, then take that hack alter it themselves and put it
    >out as thiers.. sometimes i have to wonder.

    I wouldn't mind that the source-code of the drivers of older hardware,
    would be made public-domain, and that they can be converted to 64-bit. Of
    course the companies should give credits to the programmers.
    Maybe we will see a 64-bit port of Apple Shake pretty soon. For $50k you
    can buy a license and get the source-code with it as well. Maybe this good
    example will be followed?

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 18, 2006
  4. Hugh Tyler

    Hugh Tyler Guest

    "Jud Hendrix" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 04:47:01 -0700, dfeifer
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>That's funny,.. x64forlife edits a driver set to work with xp and gets
    >>banned
    >>from the forum. Have heard rumors that there were some vendors that don't
    >>write thier own drivers, but instead wait for the masses to get frustrated
    >>enough to hack thier own, then take that hack alter it themselves and put
    >>it
    >>out as thiers.. sometimes i have to wonder.

    > I wouldn't mind that the source-code of the drivers of older hardware,
    > would be made public-domain, and that they can be converted to 64-bit. Of
    > course the companies should give credits to the programmers.
    > Maybe we will see a 64-bit port of Apple Shake pretty soon. For $50k you
    > can buy a license and get the source-code with it as well. Maybe this good
    > example will be followed?
    >
    > jud

    I might also add there is no freedom of sppech at the Logitech webcam forum
    my last 4 posts have either been deleted or edited Hugh Tyler

    Hugh Tyler, Aug 18, 2006
  5. Re: Logitechs terrible customer support Please read before buying

    Have a 4000pro hooked up and unusable as well. Just seems to me that Logitch
    would rather have us go to another vender for our x64 needs. All I can say
    is, they have about another 3-6 months to get thier act together, or risk a
    loss of customer base.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGZlaWZlcg==?=, Aug 19, 2006
  6. RE: Logitechs terrible customer support Please read before buying anyt

    Well I have been in the Logitech x64 Webcam forum and here is my impression:

    1. They open the forum but failed to use it to notifiy user about when and
    if any drivers will be released.

    2. There are over 200 messages and the only thing Logitech has posted in
    the forum are the following messages:

    1 message opening forum
    1 message asking user not to slam them in the forum
    1 message threating to "lock" the forum if users dont stop slaming them in
    the forum.

    3. No drivers beta or otherwise have been released for cameras or webcams
    to date.

    4. No drivers beta or otherwise have been announced for cameras or webcams
    to date.

    5. Their Customer Service skills are virtually non-existant as they cant
    seem to relate to their customers. No drivers for over a year, they open a
    forum to communicate with customers for a product they arent even supporting.
    Then they cant understand why when they dont use the forum to update the
    customers the customers have become impatient. They have failed to respond
    to repeated request for information from customers in their own forum created
    to update customers.

    Oh yeah, my next webcam will be Logitech!
    --
    Wherever you think you are having a bad day, just remember it could be you
    saying over and over again: "Welcome to MacDonalds, may I take your order

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=, Aug 23, 2006