    t Guest

    I have a logitech cam looking for driver
    Anyone get there cam working.

    t, May 26, 2005

  2. How many times do you have to ask this question?
    I'm guessing by the fact that no one has said yes, that, in fact, no one
    has. I certainly haven't

    =?Utf-8?B?REw=?=, May 26, 2005

  3. I keep on telling him, its up to the manufacturer.
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 26, 2005
  4. t

    t Guest

    Hey did not know that you two are the only ones in this group
    So f#@# off

    t, May 26, 2005
  5. t

    Chris Guest

    I'm here too.

    Did you wait for Logitech's reply?

    Chris, May 26, 2005
  6. The answer hasn't changed. You need Logitech to create and release a 64-bit
    driver. They haven't. Talk to them, they're the only ones who can produce a
    driver.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 26, 2005
  7. Was the profanity necessary? :-s

    Andre Da Costa, May 26, 2005
  8. t <> wrote:
    > Hey did not know that you two are the only ones in this group
    > So f#@# off
    >
    > "DL" <> wrote in message
    >> How many times do you have to ask this question?
    >> I'm guessing by the fact that no one has said yes, that, in fact, no
    >> one has. I certainly haven't
    >>
    >> "t" wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a logitech cam looking for driver
    >>> Anyone get there cam working.

    No, they are not the only ones in this group, but now, with your nice
    vocabulary, your are the only one in this group
    PLONK

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 26, 2005
  9. t

    t Guest

    Thanks for the info.
    and yes I did check and wait for them to answer
    I just was checking here if anyone has had any success with a mod ver..
    Because I have not had any luck Moding it.

    t, May 26, 2005
  10. Nor will you. It's not a mod to the inf you need, it's a 64-bit driver you
    need. And that requires access to the source code and intimate knowledge of
    the hardware, at the very least. No one here has that. Logitech has that.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 26, 2005
  11. t

    t Guest

    oh so what you are saying is the other drivers that I have moded dont work.

    t, May 26, 2005
  12. t

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Of course he did not say that. What you do not seem to grasp is that some
    hardware requires kernel mode access to the device, and thus even a "modded"
    (note CORRECT spelling) driver would not work. Some drivers can be made to
    "work" by decorating the .inf file, but they would be operating in legacy
    (read 32 bit) mode, so your "modded" drivers are not 64 bit drivers at all.

    With your attitude, you should just go back to hanging out with the script
    kiddies that are still foolish enough to think that you know what you are
    doing.

    You asked a question, you were given a valid answer, and then you attack the
    person who answered your question simply because you did not like his
    answer. Grow up.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, May 26, 2005
  13. Depends on what the hardware is. For something like this webcam, you can't
    just mod the .inf file and have it magically work.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 26, 2005
  14. Well Explained Charlie and NoNoBadDog!

    Andre Da Costa, May 27, 2005
  15. t

    Chris Guest

    I'm a Windows driver developer and I'm telling you now, like so many others
    have already, that a 32-bit _kernel mode_ driver will _not_ work in 64-bit
    Windows. Period.

    So my question to you is, what drivers have you "modded"?

    Chris

    Chris, May 27, 2005
  16. Gee, and I'm only a poor, uninformed author who couldn't write a driver if
    his life depended on it. :)

    Thanks for the confirmation.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 27, 2005
  17. Gee, and I'm only a poor, uninformed author who couldn't write a driver if
    his life depended on it. :)

    Change author to individual and you got me.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2005