    the name Labtec with the same product code. The pictures look the same.

    Is there a difference and if it is the same product why do they sell it
    under different names?

    Stickems., Jan 29, 2006

  2. Stickems.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:cE8Df.16798$,
    Stickems. spewed forth:
    > I see a Logitech product 967528-0120 (keyboard and mouse) being sold
    > under the name Labtec with the same product code. The pictures look
    > the same.
    >
    > Is there a difference

    Quite possibly.

    > and if it is the same product why do they sell
    > it under different names?

    For the same reason most VCRs are all made by only one of a few companies.
    And for the same reason the product which the company I work for
    manufactures is sold with 3 or 4 name brands. And some of the accessories we
    sell /with/ our products are made by someone else /for us/ with our name on
    them. Same thing applies to CDR(RW) and DVDR(RW) blank discs. There's only a
    few manufacturers, but a gazillion name brands out there.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 29, 2006

  3. Stickems.

    Book End Guest

    "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    >I see a Logitech product 967528-0120 (keyboard and mouse) being sold under
    > the name Labtec with the same product code. The pictures look the same.
    >
    > Is there a difference and if it is the same product why do they sell it
    > under different names?

    Logitech owns Labtec, they bought them out a few years ago.
    I'd guess that any Labtec equipment produced before the takeover would have
    just the Labtec label on it.
    Anything produced since the takeover MAY have either/both name(s) on it.

    Book End, Jan 30, 2006
  4. Stickems. wrote:

    I see a Logitech product 967528-0120 (keyboard and mouse) being sold under
    >the name Labtec with the same product code. The pictures look the same.
    >
    >Is there a difference and if it is the same product why do they sell it
    >under different names?

    I've told you before, I don't care about names -- please continue.

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006