    "plug and play", its thumb-button on the left side, which I had
    configured as double-click, is no longer working. I should be
    grateful for any suggestions as to how to resolvbe this
    Walney, Apr 3, 2009

  2. Walney

    Top Guest

    In article <8c5175b7-d313-41de-874d-
    >,
    says...

    > Could anybody give me some advice? I've been using the above mouse
    > quite satifactorily with XP for several years. Now, with a new
    > machine running Vista, I have discovered that, though the mouse is
    > "plug and play", its thumb-button on the left side, which I had
    > configured as double-click, is no longer working. I should be
    > grateful for any suggestions as to how to resolvbe this

    Have you loaded the driver for it? Some devices like yours come with a
    setup disk so you might try that if you still have it and haven't tried
    it already.

    Top

    --
    Powered by Windows 7 beta
    Top, Apr 3, 2009

  3. Walney

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:59:59 -0700 (PDT), Walney wrote:

    >Could anybody give me some advice? I've been using the above mouse
    >quite satifactorily with XP for several years. Now, with a new
    >machine running Vista, I have discovered that, though the mouse is
    >"plug and play", its thumb-button on the left side, which I had
    >configured as double-click, is no longer working. I should be

    You configured this how?

    Through the installed (on XP) driver from Logitech (instead of the non
    default MS 2/3 button only driver Vista) that you haven't yet installed
    on the Vista PC?

    >grateful for any suggestions as to how to resolvbe this

    Me
    why?, Apr 4, 2009
  4. Walney

    PeeCee Guest

    "Walney" <> wrote in message
    > Could anybody give me some advice? I've been using the above mouse
    > quite satifactorily with XP for several years. Now, with a new
    > machine running Vista, I have discovered that, though the mouse is
    > "plug and play", its thumb-button on the left side, which I had
    > configured as double-click, is no longer working. I should be
    > grateful for any suggestions as to how to resolvbe this

    Walney

    Try running the software that came with your mouse.
    If that won't work then you will have to go to Logitech's website and hope
    there is Vista compatible version.

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Apr 4, 2009
  5. Walney

    doS Guest

    dumbass you think the mouse came with vista drivers, learn to read idiot

    doS, Apr 4, 2009
  6. Walney

    Rolf Guest

    Walney wrote:
    > Could anybody give me some advice? I've been using the above mouse
    > quite satifactorily with XP for several years. Now, with a new
    > machine running Vista, I have discovered that, though the mouse is
    > "plug and play", its thumb-button on the left side, which I had
    > configured as double-click, is no longer working. I should be
    > grateful for any suggestions as to how to resolvbe this

    I used to have a Logitech Wireless Desktop where the non-optical mouse had
    the third button on the side, but I've never found a Logitech Wireless +
    optical mouse with the third button. Type number of yours?

    As a substitute I am now using a Logitech Wireless desktop with optical
    four-button mouse where I have configured one of the top-mounted buttons for
    doubleclicks. But locating the third button for operating with the thumb was
    a good idea; it even worked very well for a left-handed user like me, using
    the ring- or middle finger.
    Rolf, Apr 4, 2009