    tried keyboard in different usb ports with and without setpoint ..still the
    same ihave now used a ps2 adapter and all seems fine....what seems to be the
    problem??
    =?Utf-8?B?dmluY2VudCB2ZWdh?=, Nov 14, 2007

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2xpZmYgUG90dGVy?=, Nov 14, 2007

  3. Vincent,

    Here is my guess, from my own experiences with Logitech products.

    For some reason the keyboard and at times mouse codes of Logitech products
    tend to cause multiple executions of code with Microsoft products. Among
    others, some of these products appear to cause almost uncontrollable mouse
    activities.

    While keyboard problems have not been as prevalent, some appear to be caused
    by mutliple instances of Logitech software from previous installations. You
    should as a first step, assuming that using Logitech is important to you (I
    eventually gave up), talk with Logitech support. If that fails, then remove
    all Logitech code (I think they have a clean tool that they will tell you
    about) from the registry by searching for Logitech by work, and also
    identifying shorter IDs whose name you could determine from Logitech.

    If you do find success, and your mouse still works, then I would love to see
    another post on this subject.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2xpZmYgUG90dGVy?=, Nov 14, 2007
  4. cheers cliffe.......ive asked logitech for some ideas and to be fair they
    have tried and hopefully its solved..apparently its a vista64 usb driver
    update i need ..done that so we will wait and see...watch this space....

    =?Utf-8?B?dmluY2VudCB2ZWdh?=, Nov 16, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?dmluY2VudCB2ZWdh?=

    XS11E Guest

    vincent vega <> wrote:

    > i purchased a new pc with vista premium 64 installed..
    > now i installed a 64 bit version of setpoint for my elite keyboard
    > and g5 mouse.
    > now mouse works a treat..but the keyboard.....

    SetPoint has MAJOR issues, it fails differently on different machines
    and with different Logitech devices. Logitech is aware of the problems
    but none have been fixed with the latest version.

    I can use my Logitech mouse with Microsoft's Intellipoint, maybe it
    will work for your mouse and keyboard? You'll have to mess around with
    the selections until you find something that matches your mouse and
    keyboard, if not you'll have to dump SetPoint and use whatever native
    drivers are in Vista.

    PLEASE post your problem in Logitech's forums and file a bug report
    with Logitech, we'll never get this mess fixed if it's not reported
    over and over again!

    http://forums.logitech.com/

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://improve-usenet.org
    XS11E, Nov 16, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?dmluY2VudCB2ZWdh?=

    vincent vega Guest

    downloaded a vista64 usb driver update ................still no joy...i
    think logitech are out of ideas too..:(

    vincent vega, Nov 22, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?dmluY2VudCB2ZWdh?=

    XS11E Guest

    vincent vega <> wrote:

    > downloaded a vista64 usb driver update ................still no
    > joy...i think logitech are out of ideas too..:(
    >
    > "XS11E" wrote:
    >
    >> vincent vega <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > i purchased a new pc with vista premium 64 installed..
    >> > now i installed a 64 bit version of setpoint for my elite
    >> > keyboard and g5 mouse.
    >> > now mouse works a treat..but the keyboard.....

    >> SetPoint has MAJOR issues, it fails differently on different
    >> machines and with different Logitech devices. Logitech is aware
    >> of the problems but none have been fixed with the latest version.
    >>
    >> I can use my Logitech mouse with Microsoft's Intellipoint, maybe
    >> it will work for your mouse and keyboard? You'll have to mess
    >> around with the selections until you find something that matches
    >> your mouse and keyboard, if not you'll have to dump SetPoint and
    >> use whatever native drivers are in Vista.
    >>
    >> PLEASE post your problem in Logitech's forums and file a bug
    >> report with Logitech, we'll never get this mess fixed if it's not
    >> reported over and over again!
    >>
    >> http://forums.logitech.com/

    > downloaded a vista64 usb driver update ................still no
    > joy...i think logitech are out of ideas too..:(

    I agree, did you try the Intellipoint software?

    XS11E, Nov 22, 2007