Logitech has drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Kue2, Dec 5, 2006.

  1. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Kue2, Dec 5, 2006

  2. Kue2

    Pesistent Guest

    Kue2 wrote:
    > Logitech has released drivers & software for webcams for both win64 &
    > vista64.
    > http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/CA/EN

    Has anyone tried installing the new Logitech software for XP x64 Prof?
    I downloaded and installed "qc1040enu_x64.exe". Now the software for
    the Quick cam installs but the driver for the camera does not. I called
    customer support for help. Everything I had done was correct. Any
    ideas?

    Vic

    Pesistent, Dec 8, 2006

  3. I installed qc1040enu on X64 Pro and my STX now works like a charm. You
    didn't install with the camera connected did you?
    --------------------
    Honesty is the best image

    David A. Spicer, Dec 9, 2006
  4. Kue2

    Pesistent Guest

    Dave

    Yes I installed it with the camera unplugged. What is the name of the
    driver that is shown in the device manager for the camera. The camera I
    have is the Quick Cam Messenger. Which are you using.

    Vic
    -----------------

    Pesistent, Dec 9, 2006
  5. Vic,

    I have the QuickCam Communicate STX (driver shown as such). I just checked
    the Logitech site and there is no X64 driver for the QuickCam Messenger.
    Never judge a man till you have walked a mile in his shoes, 'cuz by then,
    he's a mile away, you've got his shoes, and you can say anything then.

    David A. Spicer, Dec 10, 2006
  6. Kue2

    Pesistent Guest

    I called Logitech and finally got a second tier tech who figured out I
    had a camera that was not compatible with the new software.
    Vic

    Pesistent, Dec 16, 2006