Logitech has a new update out for quickcams

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Kue2, Feb 5, 2007.

  1. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Kue2, Feb 5, 2007

  2. That update is from 12/24/2006. Nothing later that I can see.

    --

    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from George Ankner:

    Richard Urban, Feb 5, 2007

  3. Kue2

    R. McCarty Guest

    Not sure about QuickCams, but they did release SetPoint 3.3 for
    their Mice/Keyboards. Installed earlier and thus far no issues with
    it.

    R. McCarty, Feb 5, 2007
  4. Kue2

    Mickey Segal Guest

    "R. McCarty" <> wrote in message
    > Not sure about QuickCams, but they did release SetPoint 3.3 for
    > their Mice/Keyboards. Installed earlier and thus far no issues with
    > it.

    When I checked automatically for Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 software updates
    after upgrading from XP to Vista I was told there were no updates. However,
    the version I had was 10.0.0.1439, and when I checked for updates on a
    Windows XP computer it updated 10.4.0.1401 to 10.5.0.1096. I then checked
    the Logitech site and it offered me a version for Vista, which installed
    after some rough spots and says it is version 10.5.0.1096.

    I don't know how new 10.5.0.1096 is, though it has a 2006 copyright.
    However, it seems that something was wrong with updating the drivers
    automatically, so don't just trust the "Check now" button.

    BTW, the Check Now button is on a popup that appears only if you click the
    tiny question box on each QuickCam utility screen. It is very easy to miss
    this, particularly since they devote big buttons on the main utility bar for
    trivial uses such as "Control Privacy Shade".

    Mickey Segal, Feb 6, 2007
  5. Kue2

    thecreator Guest

    Hi Richard,

    It depends on your Logitech QuickCam Camera Model, whether it has
    drivers for Vista or not.

    --
    thecreator

    > That update is from 12/24/2006. Nothing later that I can see.
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User