    welcomed addition to my desk. After getting over the learning curve,
    you'll be working just as fast, if not faster than with any other setup. This sleek desktop setup does not offer all the bling of other keyboards with flashing LEDs and flip up LCD displays, but if you only want a sleek setup, you can't go wrong with this puppy. Logitech has also done a fabulous job at making sure if you like the style of the diNovo you're not left out if you don't want Bluetooth.

    Link: http://www.overclockersonline.com/index.php?page=articles&num=340
    Silverstrand, Dec 29, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I gave that to my dad for Christmas this year, I prefer the G15, not because of the LCD persay but because it feels better to me.
    The Modfather, Dec 30, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I haven'y seen a DiNovo before, but was seriously considering buying it instead of the G15 when I heard about it. The higher price didn't seem worth it though, especially since I was paying for a mouse that I don't want, as I already have a G5.
    XhArD, Dec 30, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    It's not really worth it. First of all it has the low profile keys which to me makes it hard to type on. If it didn't have that it'd be nice in a lot of ways except I don't see a reason for a cordless keyboard. It's not like I'm going to walk across the room with my keyboard, couldn't see the screen if I did anyway. Waste of batteries if you ask me. A cordless mouse makes sense because the cord gets in the way but a keyboard? That's goofy. The LCD display on the seperate numeric keypad is nice but would be a lot better if it were more like the G15's display, lit up and so forth. As it is, it's not easy to read the thing in a dim enviornment. And of course the price is outrageous. There's no real reason for it to be quite that expensive. Sure you get the bluetooth thrown in but, who really uses bluetooth anyway? It's not the best wireless technology and if you have WiFi, bluetooth is pointless. I've never actually used bluetooth, I have it obviously but, it's not doing anything for me. Seems the big use for it these days is for headphones and those that use it, come with the bluetooth transmitter anyway. It's a technology that never amounted to a hill of beans.

    The DiNovo does LOOK sweet, very slick and classy and all that, but it's not worth the price and takes a long time to get used to if you even can.
    The Modfather, Dec 31, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I didn't think it was exactly a bargain for the features it gives you either, costs a shiznitload and has things that I either don't want, don't need or will never use whether it's useful or not.
    XhArD, Dec 31, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    But it does LOOK cool. :)

    If they could merge the technology of the G15 with the style of the DiNovo and the feel of Das Keyboard, throw in a G7 mouse, forget the bluetooth, make it slightly more afforable and possibly available in different color combinations, they'd have the absolute ultimate keyboard. Now, if they could add OLED to the keys like that Vaporware Optimus joke from Russia, the world would beat a path to their door.
    The Modfather, Dec 31, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Lol i think that optimus has had the hype. and they obiviously cant make it. :p

    i aint in the part from expensive keyboards.throw me a 9 dollar ps2 keyboard and i can own any nooblets ass anyday :)
    unholy, Dec 31, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Yeah... anyone can owns a nooblets ass you tool :p Lets see you own someone GOOD
    XhArD, Dec 31, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    yes but i mean nooblets with awps and hacks :p
    unholy, Jan 1, 2006
  10. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    All you ever play is HL2 or CS:S, get a game that's recent and I'll give you a run for your money. Get CoD2, and stop saying you can't, we both know better. Then we'll see who can own whom.
    The Modfather, Jan 2, 2006
  11. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i cant when my money is being saved :p
    unholy, Jan 3, 2006
  12. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Horse Hockey! You know how to do it without it costing you, don't give me that nonsense.
    The Modfather, Jan 3, 2006
  13. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Sounds illegal to me... THIS THREAD MUST BE CLOSED AND BURIED UNDERGROUND FOREVER MORE!! :p
    XhArD, Jan 3, 2006