Logitech Customer support ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Sir to you, Aug 30, 2007.

  1. Sir to you

    Sir to you Guest

    Curious to know if anyone tried to get support from logitech?

    Their NZ website gives this info...

    Product Information
    0800 743 967
    Mon - Fri, 11am - 7pm

    Call that number, and , there is never anyone available (ie, leave a
    message). The voice system then says to press 0 if you want further
    assistance. So, press 0, and I get some bizarre message that the
    person at extention 1236 is not available and I get put through to
    some lady in a logitech business unit in Malaysia who insists I
    dialled the wrong number.

    I tried their local auckland number, and this worked better. I
    informed them that the 0800 number was not working and they said they
    would get it fixed. They gave me some advice on fixing my support
    issue. Their advice did not work. phoned them again, they said to
    replace the hardware. Did that, but it is still not working. So,
    phoned the 0800 number today (a week since they were told it is not
    working), and found it is still not fixed.

    What kind of fucked up company is this? They can't even organise an
    0800 number. Then, when told about it, they don't even bother to fix
    it.

    Then, explained my support issue all over again, to this stupid woman
    on the phone. She said she would call back in 1 hour......no return
    call 4 hours later. Guess i'll just return their piece of shit product
    and get my money back.

    Sir to you, Aug 30, 2007

  2. Sir to you

    Donchano Guest

    On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:34:52 -0700, Sir to you <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >Curious to know if anyone tried to get support from logitech?

    <snip>

    Not yet (fingers crossed), but I'm curious to know what product it is.
    I have three Logitech products (webcam, gamepad and earphone/mic).

    Donchano, Aug 30, 2007

  3. Sir to you

    Greg House Guest

    On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:34:52 -0700, Sir to you <> wrote:

    >Curious to know if anyone tried to get support from logitech?
    >
    >Their NZ website gives this info...
    >
    >Product Information
    >0800 743 967
    >Mon - Fri, 11am - 7pm
    >
    >Call that number, and , there is never anyone available (ie, leave a
    >message). The voice system then says to press 0 if you want further
    >assistance. So, press 0, and I get some bizarre message that the
    >person at extention 1236 is not available and I get put through to
    >some lady in a logitech business unit in Malaysia who insists I
    >dialled the wrong number.
    >
    >I tried their local auckland number, and this worked better. I
    >informed them that the 0800 number was not working and they said they
    >would get it fixed. They gave me some advice on fixing my support
    >issue. Their advice did not work. phoned them again, they said to
    >replace the hardware. Did that, but it is still not working. So,
    >phoned the 0800 number today (a week since they were told it is not
    >working), and found it is still not fixed.
    >
    >What kind of fucked up company is this? They can't even organise an
    >0800 number. Then, when told about it, they don't even bother to fix
    >it.
    >
    >Then, explained my support issue all over again, to this stupid woman
    >on the phone. She said she would call back in 1 hour......no return
    >call 4 hours later. Guess i'll just return their piece of shit product
    >and get my money back.

    I had some problems with a Firmware upgrade for my G5 Mouse, the latest Patch would not work, the
    patch before did, I contacted them on there web site, they did not seem to interested on really
    getting to the Problem but told me to use another computer, this I did and it worked, I offered to
    be a Tester to sort out the Problem but they were not interested at all..

    The Funny thing is the Patch before worked but the current one did not, so my thoughts that it was a
    software problem in the patch, (Firmware Update) they just did not want to know..

    So if you do need help go to the Houses Mouth not his asehole..

    NZ Agents in generally are totally useless.

    Greg House, Aug 30, 2007
  4. Sir to you

    Sir to you Guest

    On Aug 30, 5:25 pm, Donchano <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:34:52 -0700, Sir to you <>
    > magnanimously proffered:
    >
    > >Curious to know if anyone tried to get support from logitech?

    > <snip>
    >
    > Not yet (fingers crossed), but I'm curious to know what product it is.
    > I have three Logitech products (webcam, gamepad and earphone/mic).

    webcam. some software problem i think.

    Sir to you, Aug 30, 2007
  5. Sir to you

    XPD Guest

    "Sir to you" <> wrote in message
    > On Aug 30, 5:25 pm, Donchano <> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:34:52 -0700, Sir to you <>
    >> magnanimously proffered:
    >>
    >> >Curious to know if anyone tried to get support from logitech?

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Not yet (fingers crossed), but I'm curious to know what product it is.
    >> I have three Logitech products (webcam, gamepad and earphone/mic).

    > webcam. some software problem i think.

    Ive owned various bits of Logitech hardware over the years and never had any
    problems :)

    XPD, Aug 30, 2007
  6. Sir to you wrote:
    > Curious to know if anyone tried to get support from logitech?
    >
    > Their NZ website gives this info...
    >
    > Product Information
    > 0800 743 967
    > Mon - Fri, 11am - 7pm
    >
    > Call that number, and , there is never anyone available (ie, leave a
    > message). The voice system then says to press 0 if you want further
    > assistance. So, press 0, and I get some bizarre message that the
    > person at extention 1236 is not available and I get put through to
    > some lady in a logitech business unit in Malaysia who insists I
    > dialled the wrong number.
    >
    > I tried their local auckland number, and this worked better. I
    > informed them that the 0800 number was not working and they said they
    > would get it fixed. They gave me some advice on fixing my support
    > issue. Their advice did not work. phoned them again, they said to
    > replace the hardware. Did that, but it is still not working. So,
    > phoned the 0800 number today (a week since they were told it is not
    > working), and found it is still not fixed.
    >
    > What kind of fucked up company is this? They can't even organise an
    > 0800 number. Then, when told about it, they don't even bother to fix
    > it.
    >
    > Then, explained my support issue all over again, to this stupid woman
    > on the phone. She said she would call back in 1 hour......no return
    > call 4 hours later. Guess i'll just return their piece of shit product
    > and get my money back.

    Odd

    My friend bought one of logitech's flashy universal remotes, He couldnt
    work out how to program it, So phone logitech, Apparently they were
    brilliant and went through each step on the phone, Had him completly
    sorted by the end of the phone call

    Andrew Lambert, Aug 30, 2007
  7. Sir to you

    thingy Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > "Sir to you" <> wrote in message
    >> On Aug 30, 5:25 pm, Donchano <> wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:34:52 -0700, Sir to you <>
    >>> magnanimously proffered:

    >>> <snip>
    >>>
    >>> Not yet (fingers crossed), but I'm curious to know what product it is.
    >>> I have three Logitech products (webcam, gamepad and earphone/mic).

    >> webcam. some software problem i think.
    >>

    > Ive owned various bits of Logitech hardware over the years and never had any
    > problems :)

    nope, generally I find their kit very good....just bought a wireless
    keyboard and re-chargable mouse and quality and setup wise it seems as
    good anything....seems as good as the MS one I have....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Aug 30, 2007
  8. Sir to you

    Sir to you Guest

    On Aug 31, 7:50 am, "XPD" <> wrote:
    > "Sir to you" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    >
    > > On Aug 30, 5:25 pm, Donchano <> wrote:
    > >> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:34:52 -0700, Sir to you <>
    > >> magnanimously proffered:

    > >> <snip>

    > >> Not yet (fingers crossed), but I'm curious to know what product it is.
    > >> I have three Logitech products (webcam, gamepad and earphone/mic).

    > > webcam. some software problem i think.

    > Ive owned various bits of Logitech hardware over the years and never had any
    > problems :)

    Up until now, I would say me too - I've had their webcams, keyboards,
    universal remotes all before. Never with any probs.

    But, this new webcam gets me. I can see other people have the same
    issue as me in the logitech forums but there are no proper
    solutions. There is one guy who reckons that one of the windows
    updates causes the prob, so I'm going to install the OS from the xp
    and not install any windows updates.

    Sir to you, Sep 3, 2007
  9. Sir to you

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2007-08-30, thingy <> wrote:

    >> Ive owned various bits of Logitech hardware over the years and never had any
    >> problems :)

    > nope, generally I find their kit very good....just bought a wireless
    > keyboard and re-chargable mouse and quality and setup wise it seems as
    > good anything....seems as good as the MS one I have....

    They make hardware for a number of brands, MS may be included.

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Sep 9, 2007
  10. Sir to you

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2007-09-03, Sir to you <> wrote:
    > On Aug 31, 7:50 am, "XPD" <> wrote:

    >> > webcam. some software problem i think.

    >> Ive owned various bits of Logitech hardware over the years and never had any
    >> problems :)

    > Up until now, I would say me too - I've had their webcams, keyboards,
    > universal remotes all before. Never with any probs.
    >
    > But, this new webcam gets me. I can see other people have the same
    > issue as me in the logitech forums but there are no proper
    > solutions. There is one guy who reckons that one of the windows
    > updates causes the prob, so I'm going to install the OS from the xp
    > and not install any windows updates.

    what problem are you seeing, I'm unable to adjust the brightness/contrast
    on mine but suspect a software problem, as I'm not using theirs.

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Sep 9, 2007