    change-out the batteries.

    I though how ironic it would be to use the thing with the cord attached
    while it's recharging!

    philo, Dec 18, 2003

  2. philo

    Richard Guest

    philo wrote:

    > My Logitech wireless mouse was pretty useless. Using the best batteries I
    > could
    > find...required them to be replaced every 6 weeks...
    > Using rechargeable batteries...required changing about every three
    > weeks... I was opening the thing up so often...the spring clips were
    > wearing out...

    > Rather than doing the wise thing and just throwing it out...I put in a
    > small receptacle and now I can just recharge it rather than having to
    > continuously change-out the batteries.

    > I though how ironic it would be to use the thing with the cord attached
    > while it's recharging!

    I use a trackball cordless from logitech and have not had that problem.
    I change batteries about every 3 months or so.
    Why do you recharge while in use?
    Leave the battery in the charger until you need it.

    A friend of mine took a wood dowel the size of the battery, attached
    thumbtacks to the ends, then soldered wires to the tacks. From Radio Shack
    he gets the power supply thing that has all those variable voltages, sets it
    to what he needs, and no more batteries.

    Another possible way would be to acquire a 1.5 volt voltage regulator.
    6/12 volts in, 1.5 volts out.
    At least you'd never have to change the battery.

    Richard, Dec 18, 2003

  3. philo

    philo Guest

    !

    > I use a trackball cordless from logitech and have not had that problem.
    > I change batteries about every 3 months or so.
    > Why do you recharge while in use?

    I don't ...I was just joking at how ironic it would be if I did ..

    Anyway...I figure if I charge it overnite a few times a month I won't at
    least
    have to keep opening it up!

    philo, Dec 19, 2003