    optical mouse? As mine has stuffed up for some reason, but I can't
    remember how long the warranty is for. I have the keyboard/mouse since
    April/May last year.

    JC, Jul 16, 2003

  2. JC

    pete Guest

    "JC" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know how long the warranty is on this keyboard with included
    > optical mouse? As mine has stuffed up for some reason, but I can't
    > remember how long the warranty is for. I have the keyboard/mouse since
    > April/May last year.

    I would say you're SOL. Not much PC stuff has a warranty of more than one
    year.
    (Cue Woger to pop in with something about the Consumer Guarantees Act).

    Have you replaced the batteries?

    pete, Jul 16, 2003

  3. JC

    JC Guest

    In article <Uw8Ra.5220$>,
    says...

    > "JC" <> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone know how long the warranty is on this keyboard with included
    > > optical mouse? As mine has stuffed up for some reason, but I can't
    > > remember how long the warranty is for. I have the keyboard/mouse since
    > > April/May last year.

    > I would say you're SOL. Not much PC stuff has a warranty of more than one
    > year.
    > (Cue Woger to pop in with something about the Consumer Guarantees Act).
    >
    > Have you replaced the batteries?

    Yep, replaced batteries and tried it on two different computers with
    different OS's.

    JC, Jul 16, 2003
  4. "JC" <> wrote in message
    > In article <Uw8Ra.5220$>,
    > says...
    > >
    > > "JC" <> wrote in message
    > > > Does anyone know how long the warranty is on this keyboard with

    included
    > > > optical mouse? As mine has stuffed up for some reason, but I can't
    > > > remember how long the warranty is for. I have the keyboard/mouse since
    > > > April/May last year.

    > > I would say you're SOL. Not much PC stuff has a warranty of more than

    one
    > > year.
    > > (Cue Woger to pop in with something about the Consumer Guarantees Act).
    > >
    > > Have you replaced the batteries?
    > >

    > Yep, replaced batteries and tried it on two different computers with
    > different OS's.

    ISTR that you have to go through some kind of procedure where you match the
    mouse/keyboard to the computer after changing the batteries. Have you
    checked to see if there is any kind of readjustment procedure?

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 16, 2003
  5. JC

    JC Guest

    In article <bf367m$4tv$>,
    says...
    > "JC" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <Uw8Ra.5220$>,
    > > says...
    > > >
    > > > "JC" <> wrote in message

    > included
    > > >
    > > > I would say you're SOL. Not much PC stuff has a warranty of more than

    > one
    > > > year.
    > > > (Cue Woger to pop in with something about the Consumer Guarantees Act).
    > > >
    > > > Have you replaced the batteries?
    > > >

    > > Yep, replaced batteries and tried it on two different computers with
    > > different OS's.
    > >

    > ISTR that you have to go through some kind of procedure where you match the
    > mouse/keyboard to the computer after changing the batteries. Have you
    > checked to see if there is any kind of readjustment procedure?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    Yep, I have done all that, but its not the batteries.
    Its when you press certain keys, various applications load up and they
    aren't programmed in the software to do so, as I have already looked.

    JC, Jul 16, 2003
  6. In article <>,
    says...
    > Yep, I have done all that, but its not the batteries.
    > Its when you press certain keys, various applications load up and they
    > aren't programmed in the software to do so, as I have already looked.

    I have the same gear. [My mouse] from time to time goes absolutely
    apeshit: it's like some gremlin sitting in there clicking buttons
    staccato all over the screen, on the start menu, desktop ... properties
    menus pop up, apps get launched, menus drop down: egad.

    What seems to've fixed it for the moment was to get the receiver
    *further* away from the mouse & keyboard, and, maybe more importantly,
    from the switch, modem, monitor, and Stereo cum headphone leads that also
    lurk in that corner of my worksurface.

    Maybe not _your_ problem, if you've tried it in different places already.

    Anyway, one year warranty i.i.r.c.

    -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Jul 16, 2003