    happens with them when I plug them into XP without installing logitechs
    bloatware.

    Nathan

    ComputerPort, May 18, 2005

  2. ComputerPort

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Simple answer: NO.

    You cannot expect them to work without drivers.

    FWIW, Logitechs camera drivers are no where near as bloated as its
    competitors.

    If you plug a webcam in without drivers, it will not work.

    Logitech does not have 64 bit drivers at this time, but is working on
    drivers for many of it's products.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, May 18, 2005

  3. If you need one try one of the web cams/security cams with a web svr built
    in, you can get them in wireless or wire.....
    --
    Is It True?

    =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=, May 18, 2005
  4. ComputerPort

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Again, you would need 64 bit drivers for these cameras. I do not know of
    any consumer level cameras that have 64 bit drivers ATT. Besides, the OP
    states I have a lot of clients all with Logitech cams ranging form the
    simple to the orb". You cannot expect them all to run out and replace all
    these cameras with expensive cameras such as you describe. In the future,
    please read the posts more carefully and try to keep your responses OT. The
    OP wanted a solution for his *EXISTING* base of Logitech cameras.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, May 18, 2005
  5. Peripherals manufacturer Logitech said Thursday that all of its mice and
    keyboards will operate at a basic level within Microsoft's new 64-bit OS.
    Specialized SetPoint functionality, however, is due in June.

    "We are currently working with our OEM customers to ensure that our products
    requiring drivers are updated. Many of our OEM products are plug-and-play,
    as they are supported natively in the operating system, and do not require
    updates. To meet the needs of the early-adopter PC gaming market, Logitech
    has worked for several months to develop and test updated drivers for
    Logitech PC gamepads, steering wheels and joysticks. These updates are now
    available at www.logitech.com/downloads."

    Read the rest here:
    http://www.extended64.com/Article25.x64
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 18, 2005
  6. ComputerPort

    Red Guest

    I think ComputerPort was inquiring about cameras...

    Red, May 23, 2005