Login to serial console on my cat 4000 running CatOS - telnet passwords don't work.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Dave Hansen, Jun 21, 2007.

  1. Dave Hansen

    Dave Hansen Guest

    I can telnet into the switch just fine. I know the passwords. When I
    connect to the console port by way of a serial cable, I get the "User
    Access Verification" and "Password:" prompt.
    It won't accept my login or enable passwords.
    Is there another setting needed to allow login from the console port?

    Here's some info.
    cat4000 (enable) sho authen

    Login Authentication: Console Session Telnet Session Http
    Session
    --------------------- ---------------- ----------------
    ----------------
    tacacs disabled disabled disabled
    radius disabled disabled disabled
    kerberos disabled disabled disabled
    local enabled(primary) enabled(primary)
    enabled(primary)
    attempt limit 3 3 -
    lockout timeout (sec) disabled disabled -

    Enable Authentication: Console Session Telnet Session Http
    Session
    ---------------------- ----------------- ----------------
    ----------------
    tacacs disabled disabled disabled
    radius disabled disabled disabled
    kerberos disabled disabled disabled
    local enabled(primary) enabled(primary)
    enabled(primary)
    attempt limit 3 3 -
    lockout timeout (sec) disabled disabled -
    cat4000 (enable)

    Am I missing something?

    Thanks for any and all help and advice.
    Dave