Login prompt problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by rmullen1, Mar 27, 2007.

  1. rmullen1

    rmullen1 Guest

    I have used different banners such as motd, and botd but can not get
    the following to go away. Below is a good example of what is
    happening. If you look at the banner from below it says the normal
    don't get into this router unless your supposed to.............. but
    then it shows the router's hostname and a line afterward. In this
    case ATRT02 line 322.

    How can I get rid of this???? Seems to be in different models, and
    IOS's

    Unauthorized access to this networking device is prohibited.
    You must have explicit permission to access or configure this device.
    All activities performed on this device may be logged and violations
    of
    this policy may result in disciplinary action, and may be reported to
    law
    enforcement. There is no right to privacy on this device.

    ATRT02 line 322

    User Access Verification

    Password:

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

    rmullen1, Mar 27, 2007

  2. rmullen1

    Thrill5 Guest

    Hmmm.. how about getting rid of the line in the config that has "ATRT02
    line 322" in it? I'll bet its the "banner login". Try " no banner login"

    Scott

    Aaron Leonard, Mar 28, 2007