    the guest account has been passworded as well.

    Is there any way around this problem?

    TIA
    L.Hatherall, Jun 11, 2006

  2. L.Hatherall

    Guest

    Well I don't see what kind of computer you are talking about or what
    operating system. If it's windows XP, yes there are some emergency boot
    disk available that can reset passwords on the system.

    Windows 98 (just hit the escape key)

    L.Hatherall wrote:
    > Is there any way to bypass the login screen password.
    > My mate has a computer that his kids have changed the password on and can't
    > remember. He can now only get as far as the login screen and no further as
    > the guest account has been passworded as well.
    >
    > Is there any way around this problem?
    >
    > TIA
    , Jun 11, 2006

  3. L.Hatherall

    Cooper Guest

    L.Hatherall wrote:
    > Is there any way to bypass the login screen password.
    > My mate has a computer that his kids have changed the password on and
    > can't remember. He can now only get as far as the login screen and
    > no further as the guest account has been passworded as well.
    >
    > Is there any way around this problem?
    >
    > TIA

    xp?
    Cooper, Jun 11, 2006
  4. L.Hatherall

    JAMES Guest

    Try This if XP
    Start
    Run
    Type in run box control userpasswords2

    Now, first instinct tells you to uncheck the box that says "Users must enter
    a user name and password to use this computer" and call it good. While that
    is definitely one of the steps, don't do it just yet. You'll want to
    highlight the default user account first, and then uncheck the box. Windows
    will autoboot to whatever account is highlighted when you uncheck the box.
    As you can see, above I have my account selected. Now, after you've
    unchecked the box, click OK. "Automatically Log On" should be the next
    dialog box that you see. Don't enter a password and click OK.

    That's all! You've told Windows XP what account you want as the default and
    it will now automatically load that account, and should stay there unless
    told otherwise. (If you log off, etc) Reboot, and test.

    JAMES, Jun 11, 2006
  5. "JAMES" <> wrote in message
    > Try This if XP
    > Start
    > Run
    > Type in run box control userpasswords2
    >
    > Now, first instinct tells you to uncheck the box that says "Users must
    > enter a user name and password to use this computer" and call it good.
    > While that is definitely one of the steps, don't do it just yet. You'll
    > want to highlight the default user account first, and then uncheck the
    > box. Windows will autoboot to whatever account is highlighted when you
    > uncheck the box. As you can see, above I have my account selected. Now,
    > after you've unchecked the box, click OK. "Automatically Log On" should be
    > the next dialog box that you see. Don't enter a password and click OK.
    >
    > That's all! You've told Windows XP what account you want as the default
    > and it will now automatically load that account, and should stay there
    > unless told otherwise. (If you log off, etc) Reboot, and test.
    >
    > "L.Hatherall" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there any way to bypass the login screen password.
    >> My mate has a computer that his kids have changed the password on and
    >> can't remember. He can now only get as far as the login screen and no
    >> further as the guest account has been passworded as well.
    >>
    >> Is there any way around this problem?
    >>
    >> TIA

    Errr! How can the OP do this if he can't get past the password screen,

    BTW Don't top post.
    R.Daneel Olivaw, Jun 11, 2006
  6. L.Hatherall

    JAMES Guest

    Good Point , hadn't thought of that

    JAMES, Jun 12, 2006
  7. L.Hatherall

    Top Guest

    > Is there any way to bypass the login screen password.
    > My mate has a computer that his kids have changed the password
    > on and can't remember. He can now only get as far as the login
    > screen and no further as the guest account has been passworded
    > as well.
    >
    > Is there any way around this problem?
    >
    > TIA

    A big stick? Shake a stick (some approriate form of punishment)
    at them and passwords will flow.

    Top

    --
    Lead, follow or get hell out of the way!
    Top, Jun 12, 2006
  8. L.Hatherall

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Top spewed forth:
    >> Is there any way to bypass the login screen password.
    >> My mate has a computer that his kids have changed the password
    >> on and can't remember. He can now only get as far as the login
    >> screen and no further as the guest account has been passworded
    >> as well.
    >>
    >> Is there any way around this problem?
    >>
    >> TIA

    > A big stick? Shake a stick (some approriate form of punishment)
    > at them and passwords will flow.

    Must have worked. He hasn't posted back. Or maybe it didn't and the kids are
    holding the computer hostage until he buys them all new cell phones...

    --
    I always finish what I sta
    Toolman Tim, Jun 13, 2006