    #login

    What is everyone used for.
    , Aug 30, 2006

  2. You may also wish to investigate Default Logins and Passwords for
    Networked Devices:

    http://www.governmentsecurity.org/articles/DefaultLoginsandPasswordsforNetworkedDevices.php

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    Cisco Product Quick Reference Guides, CPQRG
    http://www.bradreese.com/refurbished-cisco-product-guide.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-power-supply-inventory.htm
    www.BradReese.Com, Aug 30, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    "" <> wrote:

    > Since I began to study for CCNA I have seen the commands (login) and
    > (passwords) in different orders.
    >
    > Sometimes I see it like this
    >
    > #login
    > #password cisco
    >
    > and sometimes I see it in the opposite order
    >
    > #password cisco
    > #login
    >
    > What is everyone used for.

    The order of configuration options generally doesn't matter. The only
    time order matters is when a command establishes a new context; commands
    that apply to the context have to appear after it. E.g.

    router rip
    redistribute static

    is not the same as

    redistribute static
    router rip

    because "redistribute" applies to the specific router context it appears
    within. Since "login" nor "password" both apply to the line context
    they appear in, all that matters is that they both appear after the
    "line" command, but the relative order of them doesn't matter.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA
    Barry Margolin, Aug 30, 2006
  4. Guest

    Barry Margolin wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Since I began to study for CCNA I have seen the commands (login) and
    > > (passwords) in different orders.
    > >
    > > Sometimes I see it like this
    > >
    > > #login
    > > #password cisco
    > >
    > > and sometimes I see it in the opposite order
    > >
    > > #password cisco
    > > #login
    > >
    > > What is everyone used for.

    > The order of configuration options generally doesn't matter. The only
    > time order matters is when a command establishes a new context; commands
    > that apply to the context have to appear after it. E.g.
    >
    > router rip
    > redistribute static
    >
    > is not the same as
    >
    > redistribute static
    > router rip
    >
    > because "redistribute" applies to the specific router context it appears
    > within. Since "login" nor "password" both apply to the line context
    > they appear in, all that matters is that they both appear after the
    > "line" command, but the relative order of them doesn't matter.

    I agree with Barry.

    It doesn't matter in this case the order that you
    put the commands in. The router will though always
    display them in some particular order no matter what
    order you use to put them in. The order may I guess vary
    with software versions but in general that is very unusual.

    In the case of some other commands such as access-list
    entries the order of entry is preserved in the configuration
    since in that case the order does affect the behaviour.
    , Aug 30, 2006