    Please, can anyone help?

    --
    Alasdair.
    Alasdair, Mar 7, 2007

  2. Alasdair

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Alasdair" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I bought a Logik MP3 player (HDD40) and when I tried to use it, it
    > asked me to re-install the firmware in the unit. I am trying to find
    > out the URL of the Logik website to download the latest upgrade.
    >
    > Please, can anyone help?

    This may not be much help:

    http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/47441

    If that's true, and it is a branded item, then determining the actual
    manufacturer could be difficult.

    In the US, I'd be looking at the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) ID
    and searching for the company that way. Does the UK have something similar?
    WhzzKdd, Mar 7, 2007

  3. Alasdair

    meerkat Guest

    "Alasdair" <> wrote in message
    >I bought a Logik MP3 player (HDD40) and when I tried to use it, it
    > asked me to re-install the firmware in the unit. I am trying to find
    > out the URL of the Logik website to download the latest upgrade.
    >
    > Please, can anyone help?

    Should have had the firmware on it, so ??.
    If it`s new, take it back.
    meerkat, Mar 7, 2007
  4. Alasdair

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:51:46 -0800, WhzzKdd wrote:

    >"Alasdair" <> wrote in message
    >>I bought a Logik MP3 player (HDD40) and when I tried to use it, it
    >> asked me to re-install the firmware in the unit. I am trying to find
    >> out the URL of the Logik website to download the latest upgrade.
    >>
    >> Please, can anyone help?
    >>

    >This may not be much help:
    >
    >http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/47441
    >
    >If that's true, and it is a branded item, then determining the actual
    >manufacturer could be difficult.
    >
    >In the US, I'd be looking at the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) ID
    >and searching for the company that way. Does the UK have something similar?

    Usually use the FCC ID :) unless the product was never for the US
    market :-( it may not have one.

    Me
    why?, Mar 7, 2007