    I want to install Win 98 on logical drive D: . My C: drive does not
    have room. There is no other OS anywhere on the system.Any help would
    be appreciated. Thanks.

    John Bahran, Jan 24, 2004

  2. John Bahran

    philo Guest

    "John Bahran" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I want to install Win 98 on logical drive D: . My C: drive does not
    > have room. There is no other OS anywhere on the system.Any help would
    > be appreciated. Thanks.

    You *can* install win98 on your D: drive
    just specify that during setup ...when you are asked where you want to
    install windows...

    just note that the boot files will have to be installed on your primary
    partition C:
    ....but they will only require a meg or so

    philo, Jan 24, 2004

  3. John Bahran

    pcbutts1 Guest

    That is not correct with win98. That is correct with win2000 or higher.

    pcbutts1, Jan 24, 2004
  4. John Bahran

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You can't not without 3rd party software like Partition magic.

    pcbutts1, Jan 24, 2004
  5. John Bahran

    philo Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > That is not correct with win98. That is correct with win2000 or higher.

    No...
    you *can* install any version of windows on a logical drive

    but as i posted...it will still have to *boot* off the primary partition

    msdos.sys , io.sys and command.com will have to be written to the primary
    partition, but the rest of windows *can* be installed on the D: drive

    I assure you I have done it.

    The installer will merely ask if you want to install windows in C:\windows

    but you *can* specify D:\windows or whatever you want.

    philo, Jan 24, 2004
  6. John Bahran

    John Bahran Guest

    Thank you for your input, but win98 will never ask me where I want to install it.

    John Bahran, Jan 26, 2004