    but theses are back as well.

    Is there anyway to fix this.

    Thanks

    JF, Feb 11, 2005

  2. JF

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "JF" <> wrote in message
    news:AY1Pd.1547$...
    | There are four user accounts on my pc. But I have a problem logging on
    with
    | mine. Once I enter my password a box appears saying that there was the
    | problem logging me on and due to a fault in the registry I would be logged
    | on with Default settings. Which is a pain, because I have to tell Zone
    Alarm
    | to allow access to all the programs when I use. I also disable all sounds,
    | but theses are back as well.
    |
    | Is there anyway to fix this.

    Maybe, but I'd opt for replacing it. Rename your current account, create a
    new one, and set it up the way you want it. Then transfer your data from the
    old account.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 12, 2005

  3. JF

    JF Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "JF" <> wrote in message
    > | There are four user accounts on my pc. But I have a problem logging on
    > with
    > | mine. Once I enter my password a box appears saying that there was the
    > | problem logging me on and due to a fault in the registry I would be

    logged
    > | on with Default settings. Which is a pain, because I have to tell Zone
    > Alarm
    > | to allow access to all the programs when I use. I also disable all

    sounds,
    > | but theses are back as well.
    > |
    > | Is there anyway to fix this.
    > |
    > Maybe, but I'd opt for replacing it. Rename your current account, create a
    > new one, and set it up the way you want it. Then transfer your data from

    the
    > old account.

    Maybe??

    Does that mean a risky solution or not a solution at all?

    This account was the 1st setup on the computer and the other 3 followed.

    JF, Feb 12, 2005
  4. JF

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "JF" <> wrote in message

    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "JF" <> wrote in message
    | > | There are four user accounts on my pc. But I have a problem logging on
    | > with
    | > | mine. Once I enter my password a box appears saying that there was the
    | > | problem logging me on and due to a fault in the registry I would be
    | logged
    | > | on with Default settings. Which is a pain, because I have to tell Zone
    | > Alarm
    | > | to allow access to all the programs when I use. I also disable all
    | sounds,
    | > | but theses are back as well.
    | > |
    | > | Is there anyway to fix this.
    | > |
    | > Maybe, but I'd opt for replacing it. Rename your current account, create
    | > new one, and set it up the way you want it. Then transfer your data from
    | the
    | > old account.
    | >
    | Maybe??
    |
    | Does that mean a risky solution or not a solution at all?
    |
    | This account was the 1st setup on the computer and the other 3 followed.

    "Maybe" as in it may or may not be possible. I wouldn't waste my time, but
    would create a new account. And there's a "maybe" there too - it may or may
    not work...the errors could perpetuate into the new account. But since
    making a new account takes all of 2 minutes or less, it's the first thing
    I'd try.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 12, 2005