    call's made over a period - say since last restart

    TIA

    GT

    Graham Turner, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Graham Turner

    AnyBody43 Guest

    "Graham Turner" <> wrote
    > As i understand the Cisco 803 (IOS 12.x) only retains call history of an
    > ISDN BRI interface for a limited period. (up to few hours i think "show isdn
    > history" told me)
    >
    > was wondering if anyone could give me a few ideas on how to retain the
    > call's made over a period - say since last restart

    Hi,

    At the bottom is some output from a router that I have
    non-enabled access to:
    (disabled doesn't seem quite right:)

    Clearly there are some problems here but you might want to
    add to the default configuration.

    Set the time (use ntp?)

    servivce timestamp log datetime ms
    logging buff 32000 (this is my min)
    (if you add too much here then it gets
    tedious to view.
    Check free memory before adding a LOT.

    depending on the number of dial events that you expect
    you may wish to use syslog server. This would also guarantee that
    messages were not lost on a reboot.

    You might want to make sure that the syslog messages are
    actually sent out over the network in the event that your
    ISDN is a backup link since the router just fires out the
    syslog msg and if there is a loss of connectivity when it sends
    it out it may (WILL) get lost.
    Do not be tempted to try (well it's OK in a lab) synchronous
    syslog logging. In that case the router will not do ANYTHING
    untill the syslog msg has been acknowledged and will basically
    fail if the ack is not received. (this was a while ago,
    maybe it's been changed).

    I seem to recall that at one time there was a Cisco product to
    manage this info.

    >sh log

    Syslog logging: enabled (0 messages dropped, 0 messages rate-limited,
    0 flushes, 0 overruns)
    Console logging: level debugging, 226 messages logged
    Monitor logging: level debugging, 0 messages logged
    Buffer logging: level debugging, 226 messages logged
    Logging Exception size (2048 bytes)
    Count and timestamp logging messages: disabled
    Trap logging: level informational, 231 message lines logged

    Log Buffer (2048 bytes):
    e to down
    4w6d: %ISDN-6-DISCONNECT: Interface BRI0:2 disconnected from
    0845xxxxxxx SGBP, call lasted 147 seconds
    4w6d: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface BRI0:1, changed state to down
    4w6d: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Virtual-Access1,
    changed state to down
    4w6d: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface BRI0:2, changed state to down
    5w2d: %ISDN-6-LAYER2DOWN: Layer 2 for Interface BRI0, TEI 115 changed
    to down
    5w2d: %ISDN-6-LAYER2DOWN: Layer 2 for Interface BR0, TEI 115 changed
    to down
    5w2d: %ISDN-6-LAYER2UP: Layer 2 for Interface BR0, TEI 116 changed to
    up
    9w3d: %ISDN-6-LAYER2DOWN: Layer 2 for Interface BRI0, TEI 116 changed
    to down
    9w3d: %ISDN-6-LAYER2DOWN: Layer 2 for Interface BR0, TEI 116 changed
    to down
    9w3d: %ISDN-6-LAYER2UP: Layer 2 for Interface BR0, TEI 115 changed to
    up
    9w3d: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface BRI0:1, changed state to up
    9w3d: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Virtual-Access1, changed state to up
    9w3d: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface BRI0:1, changed
    state to up
    9w3d: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Virtual-Access1,
    changed state to up
    9w3d: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface BRI0:2, changed state to up
    9w3d: %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface BRI0:1 is now connected to
    0845xxxxxxx SGBP
    9w3d: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface BRI0:2, changed
    state to up
    9w3d: %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface BRI0:2 is now connected to
    0845xxxxxxx SGBP
    9w3d: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Virtual-Access1, changed state to down
    9w3d: %ISDN-6-DISCONNECT: Interface BRI0:1 disconnected from
    0845xxxxxxx SGBP, call lasted 130 seconds
    9w3d: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface BRI0:1, changed
    state to down
    9w3d: %ISDN-6-DISCONNECT: Interface BRI0:2 disconnected from
    0845xxxxxxx SGBP, call lasted 125 seconds
    9w3d: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface BRI0:2, changed
    state to down
    9w3d: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface BRI0:1, changed state to down
    9w3d: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Virtual-Access1,
    changed state to down
    9w3d: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface BRI0:2, changed state to down

    AnyBody43, Jan 9, 2004