    permit esp any host 2.2.2.2 NO RESPONSE
    permit esp any host 2.2.2.2 log WORKS

    I wonder why "log" is required. Thanks for any hints.

    dan, May 20, 2005

  2. dan

    Guest

    The LOG keyword may be forcing some packets
    to be process switched that would otherwise be fast switched
    using your preferred fast switching poison.

    You can force process switching with
    no ip route-cache
    on the interfaces.
    You could try this instead of log.

    If that "works" call Cisco 'cos its a bug.

    What _Exactly_ is 12.2(15)ZL1 ????????

    If it supports your requirements move to
    a "mainline" release.
    i.e. 12.x(y) with NO successive letters.

    OR failing that:-
    the "T" train.

    12.x(y)T

    Read about the IOS release process and look at the
    IOS roadmap.

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/620/ios_12_2_15_zl.shtml

    Sorry if you are not a "customer".

    , May 20, 2005