    dont know what to enter here. I tried entering local admin user and
    password but it doesn't work. Is there some default username and
    password that I should use?

    Morph, Mar 27, 2008

  2. Morph

    Trendkill Guest

    On Mar 27, 8:39 am, Morph <> wrote:
    > I downloaded and installed a trial version of Cisco Secure ACS v.4.2
    >
    > The install finished OK. When I try to access the server byhttp://server:2002I'm presented with a login and password screen. I
    > dont know what to enter here. I tried entering local admin user and
    > password but it doesn't work. Is there some default username and
    > password that I should use?

    Didn't you create an account when installing ACS (for ACS itself)?
    You should use that administrator account.

    Trendkill, Mar 27, 2008

  3. Morph

    Trendkill Guest

    On Mar 27, 8:39 am, Morph <> wrote:
    > I downloaded and installed a trial version of Cisco Secure ACS v.4.2
    >
    > The install finished OK. When I try to access the server byhttp://server:2002I'm presented with a login and password screen. I
    > dont know what to enter here. I tried entering local admin user and
    > password but it doesn't work. Is there some default username and
    > password that I should use?

    Which option did you click (checkbox), windows authentication or local
    ACS only?

    Trendkill, Mar 27, 2008
  4. Morph

    Morph Guest

    In the message
    <>
    Trendkill wrote:

    | On Mar 27, 8:39 am, Morph <> wrote:
    | > I downloaded and installed a trial version of Cisco Secure ACS v.4.2
    | >
    | > The install finished OK. When I try to access the server byhttp://server:2002I'm presented with a login and password screen. I
    | > dont know what to enter here. I tried entering local admin user and
    | > password but it doesn't work. Is there some default username and
    | > password that I should use?
    |
    | Which option did you click (checkbox), windows authentication or local
    | ACS only?

    I clicked local ACS only.

    Morph, Mar 27, 2008
  5. Morph

    Trendkill Guest

    On Mar 27, 9:08 am, Morph <> wrote:
    > In the message
    > <>
    >
    > Trendkill wrote:
    >
    > | On Mar 27, 8:39 am, Morph <> wrote:
    > | > I downloaded and installed a trial version of Cisco Secure ACS v.4.2
    > | >
    > | > The install finished OK. When I try to access the server byhttp://server:2002I'mpresented with a login and password screen. I
    > | > dont know what to enter here. I tried entering local admin user and
    > | > password but it doesn't work. Is there some default username and
    > | > password that I should use?
    > |
    > | Which option did you click (checkbox), windows authentication or local
    > | ACS only?
    >
    > I clicked local ACS only.

    You may need to logon locally to the box first and create an ACS
    account. I'm a bit rusty on that, isn't there a command line
    interface available where you can use the documentation to create a
    userid via the proper syntax?

    Trendkill, Mar 27, 2008
  6. Morph

    Morph Guest

    In the message
    <>
    Trendkill wrote:

> [...]
    | > |
    | > | Which option did you click (checkbox), windows authentication or local
    | > | ACS only?
    | >
    | > I clicked local ACS only.
    |
    | You may need to logon locally to the box first and create an ACS
    | account. I'm a bit rusty on that, isn't there a command line
    | interface available where you can use the documentation to create a
    | userid via the proper syntax?

    Yes you are right. I first had to login locally on the server where ACS
    is installed to be able to create an Administrator account that can be
    used to access ACS management from another PC.
    Since I didn't have java installed on the server where ACS is installed
    I tried to access it directly from another PC.

    Thank you!!!

    Morph, Mar 27, 2008
  7. Morph

    News Reader Guest

    Post install, I believe you need to use http://127.0.0.1:2002 from the
    device CSACS is installed on.

    After that, I think you are prompted to setup a local username and
    password for administration.

    Try using the loopback address, and read the interface carefully for and
    guidance on the creation of an admin account.

    Best Regards,
    News Reader

    News Reader, Mar 27, 2008
  8. Morph

    Morph Guest

    In the message <rmNGj.45272$> News Reader
    wrote:

    | Post install, I believe you need to use http://127.0.0.1:2002 from the
    | device CSACS is installed on.
    |
    | After that, I think you are prompted to setup a local username and
    | password for administration.

    Yes you are spot on.
    Since I dind't have java installed on the server where ACS is installed,
    I was trying to access it from another PC. When I logged through
    http://127.0.0.1:2002 I was presented with an option to create an
    administrator account.

    Regards.

    Morph, Mar 27, 2008