Logging in to your old, CH account

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Michael Walker, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. Michael Walker, Feb 28, 2004

  2. Michael Walker

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Feb 28, 2004

  3. Michael Walker

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > It seems "Michael Walker" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > >At http://www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd (instead of
    > >columbiahouse.com), one can log into an old, cancelled account.

    > I'm trying hard to think of why one might want to do that. I'm
    > failing. :)

    Maybe you forgot what titles they shipped to you?

    With online credit card access, you can log into your previous credit
    card number in order to print out statements.

    Still, I can't see any reason to review an old Columbia House account.
    Scot Gardner, Feb 28, 2004
  4. Some enrollment codes require a PSN (old account number, or a current active
    one).

    Michael Walker, Feb 29, 2004
  5. Michael Walker

    SickBoy Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:59:08 -0600, "Michael Walker"
    <> wrote:

    >At http://www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd (instead of columbiahouse.com), one
    >can log into an old, cancelled account.

    This may be an internet 'phishing' scam designed to get credit card
    numbers or account info...be careful people.

    SickBoy
    SickBoy, Feb 29, 2004
  6. "SickBoy" <SickBoy@thecomputer> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:59:08 -0600, "Michael Walker"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >At http://www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd (instead of columbiahouse.com),

    one
    > >can log into an old, cancelled account.
    > >

    > This may be an internet 'phishing' scam designed to get credit card
    > numbers or account info...be careful people.
    >
    > SickBoy

    What? I think you misunderstood. I found out about this here
    http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349222

    It is not a scam since it is at columbiahouse's site. It is the same address
    you can log into to get a $5 discount ($30 + )for the first online order
    (the /webdvd after columbiahouse.com) for a particular account. The
    www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd address is on a legit coupon directly from
    Columbia House!!! (I have one from being mailed with my enrollment invoice)
    I was just saying some enrollment codes which you can use and can apply for
    directly at their site (just www.columbiahouse.com) require a PSN. It can be
    helpful if you want to sign up for a new account and have trouble locating
    your old account numbers, that is if you registered a username for one.
    Michael Walker, Feb 29, 2004
  7. Michael Walker

    SickBoy Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:30:25 -0600, "Michael Walker"
    <> wrote:

    >"SickBoy" <SickBoy@thecomputer> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:59:08 -0600, "Michael Walker"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >At http://www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd (instead of columbiahouse.com),

    >one
    >> >can log into an old, cancelled account.
    >> >

    >> This may be an internet 'phishing' scam designed to get credit card
    >> numbers or account info...be careful people.
    >>
    >> SickBoy

    >What? I think you misunderstood. I found out about this here
    >http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349222
    >
    >It is not a scam since it is at columbiahouse's site. It is the same address
    >you can log into to get a $5 discount ($30 + )for the first online order
    >(the /webdvd after columbiahouse.com) for a particular account. The
    >www.columbiahouse.com/webdvd address is on a legit coupon directly from
    >Columbia House!!! (I have one from being mailed with my enrollment invoice)
    >I was just saying some enrollment codes which you can use and can apply for
    >directly at their site (just www.columbiahouse.com) require a PSN. It can be
    >helpful if you want to sign up for a new account and have trouble locating
    >your old account numbers, that is if you registered a username for one.

    Thats exactly what phishing is. It can look like a real link, on a
    real site but it directs to a totally different site but in the URL
    box at the top of your browser, (IE.) it looks like a legit site (its
    a known bug of IE) I'm just warning because the net is FULL of this
    type of fraud. I work for an Internet Securities Firm and deal with
    this everyday.

    Just by you giving the link within your reponse can be suspect.
    Please don't think I'm pointing blame at you but, everyone must be
    cautious.

    Peace

    Sickboy
    SickBoy, Mar 1, 2004