  1. I was logged in as administrator. I then switched to a user name. Now I
    can't switch back. Can't even pull up the page that allows one to sign in as
    administrator. I need to add some software.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9zdA==?=, Apr 16, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TG9zdA==?=

    Theo Guest

    What operating system are you in?

    Theo, Apr 16, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TG9zdA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Great question.

    John Barnes, Apr 16, 2007
  4. "Lost" <> wrote in message
    >I was logged in as administrator. I then switched to a user name. Now I
    > can't switch back. Can't even pull up the page that allows one to sign in
    > as
    > administrator. I need to add some software.

    Press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice.

    Andrew Jarvis, Apr 17, 2007
  5. Xp operating system

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9zdA==?=, Apr 18, 2007
  6. Great! That brought up the task manager. But the task manager shows the
    original user name I used. I then switch to administrator as user. Then I
    used a different name as limited user. But now I can't switch back as
    administrator or even find an option. Got any ideas.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9zdA==?=, Apr 18, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TG9zdA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    This is the X64 group. XP comes in many flavours. Which one are you using?
    A procedure for adding administrator to the Welcome screen, if that is what
    you want is as follows:
    1. At a command prompt, type lusrmgr.msc to open Local Users And Groups
    2. In the console tree, click Groups
    3. Double-click the Administrators group and remove all accounts except
    Administrator
    4. Open the Users or Power Users groups and then click Add to add each of
    the accounts you removed.

    John Barnes, Apr 18, 2007
  8. Sorry, I did not make myself clear enough.

    When you are on the "Welcome" screen, where you get the accounts to choose
    from, press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice.

    This should bring up the normal login dialog box so that you can enter
    "Administrator" and the password.

    Once you're in you should be able to sort out the login options.

    Andrew Jarvis, Apr 19, 2007