    over others, etc.

    Thanks.
    Matt

    Matt, Apr 27, 2007

  2. Matt

    Thrill5 Guest

    The logging facility is used to differentiate syslog messages. Say you are
    using the same syslog server to log messages from a group of servers,
    routers and switches, you could use a different syslog facility for each
    one. Of course you would need to configure your syslog server to handle
    them differently, but if you aren't doing this then there is no reason to
    change it in the first place.

    Scott

    Thrill5, Apr 27, 2007