    rating..the Love shop scene was pretty daring for an PG film but thought it
    would be PG-13 at the most.

    Brian

    Brian, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Brian wrote:
    > Has Logan's run been rerated to an R on DVD? Amazon.com shows it as an R
    > rating..the Love shop scene was pretty daring for an PG film but thought it
    > would be PG-13 at the most.

    It's still rated PG: see the back cover of the current R1 edition at

    http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/2787bh.jpg

    The PG rating logo is at the bottom, just to the right of the DVD and R1
    logos.

    doug

    --
    "It's a semi-automatic; get in the car..."
    --The Sisters of Mercy

    Douglas Bailey, Jul 12, 2004

  3. "Brian" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello..
    >
    > Has Logan's run been rerated to an R on DVD? Amazon.com shows it as an R
    > rating..the Love shop scene was pretty daring for an PG film but thought it
    > would be PG-13 at the most.
    >
    > Brian

    I got a copy a few months ago, but it's not here at the moment so I can't
    tell you what the rating on the box is.

    I saw the film when it first came out, in 1976, and maybe once or twice
    within a couple of years of that, but I haven't seen it in a long time.
    I thought something was missing from the DVD, but I honestly can't say
    if that's true, or simply because the lovely Jenny Agutter was quite
    potent when I was the age I was when the film came out. In other words,
    my memory of explicit scenes may be because I'd not seen anything much
    up to then, and not having seen the movie in recent decades, the memory
    has not been diminished.

    Michael

    Michael Black, Jul 13, 2004
  4. Daring but edited down from the version the director hoped for and it
    was edited down specifically to get a PG rating. Also edited was a scene
    where Box Ice sculpts Logan and Jessica in a nude embrace (look at the
    trailer for a snippet them almost kissing from that scene).

    The "director's cut" was only shown publicly at a Sci-Fi con and the
    extra footage that was cut is belived to be destroyed (except for
    snippets from trailers and promo films).

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Jul 13, 2004
  5. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Ok..they have changed it then...I did see it as R at one time!

    Brian, Jul 13, 2004
  6. Brian

    Brian Guest

    I never saw Jenny in much else...American Werewolf in London and that's
    about it...

    Brian, Jul 13, 2004
  7. "Brian" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I never saw Jenny in much else...American Werewolf in London and that's
    > about it...

    I'm not sure I saw her in anything else, either. I was very tempted
    to go see Equus when it came out, merely because she was in it.

    She plays the farm lass in "The Eagle Has Landed" but I only saw
    that years after it came out.

    I know after Logan's Run, I kept noticing her name. And I thought
    I'd seen her in something in recent years, though I can't remember
    what.

    Michael

    Michael Black, Jul 14, 2004

    Michael Black, Jul 14, 2004
  9. Brian

    Andrew.Venor Guest

    Michael Black wrote:
    > "Brian" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>I never saw Jenny in much else...American Werewolf in London and that's
    >>about it...
    >>

    > I'm not sure I saw her in anything else, either. I was very tempted
    > to go see Equus when it came out, merely because she was in it.
    >
    > She plays the farm lass in "The Eagle Has Landed" but I only saw
    > that years after it came out.
    >
    > I know after Logan's Run, I kept noticing her name. And I thought
    > I'd seen her in something in recent years, though I can't remember
    > what.
    >
    > Michael

    Well, if you want to see "all" of a young Ms Agutter check out the 1971
    film Walkabout. Though I found the films message of nature good,
    civilization bad got laid a little too thick.

    ALV

    Andrew.Venor, Jul 14, 2004
  10. Brian

    Galley Guest

    On 13 Jul 2004 21:17:54 -0700, (Michael Black) spewed forth
    these words of wisdom:

    >I know after Logan's Run, I kept noticing her name. And I thought
    >I'd seen her in something in recent years, though I can't remember
    >what.
    >
    > Michael

    She has more than 60 entries in her IMDB filmography, so it appears she has kept
    busy.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000256/

    Galley

    Galley, Jul 14, 2004
  11. Amazon is wrong. The 1 sheet poster that I've seen at a movie shop ( the
    real thing) is PG. It was always PG and was cut to get a PG rating.

    I think this is also talked about on the DVD commentary.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Jul 14, 2004
  12. Brian

    SoHillsGuy Guest

    Jenny Agutter appeared a couple of years ago in the first series of the spy
    drama "Spooks," available now in the US on DVD under the Americanized title of
    "MI-5."

    SoHillsGuy, Jul 14, 2004
  13. Brian

    Biz Guest

    > > I never saw Jenny in much else...American Werewolf in London and that's
    > > about it...
    > >

    > I'm not sure I saw her in anything else, either. I was very tempted
    > to go see Equus when it came out, merely because she was in it.
    >
    > She plays the farm lass in "The Eagle Has Landed" but I only saw
    > that years after it came out.
    >
    > I know after Logan's Run, I kept noticing her name. And I thought
    > I'd seen her in something in recent years, though I can't remember
    > what.
    >
    > Michael

    She was in last seasons British show MI-5 (Spooks)

    Biz, Jul 14, 2004
  14. Brian

    Mike T Guest

    I would recommend Walkabout for a younger Jenny and China 9 Liberty 37 and
    Equus for any Jenny fans.

    Mike T

    Mike T, Jul 14, 2004