    into BIOS and use that etc.

    Anyone any ideas where to go? Its a HP Pavillion ZE4200.

    Cheers
    Dr. Compynei, Aug 21, 2007

  2. Dr. Compynei

    Mike Easter Guest

    Dr. Compynei wrote:
    > Got a friends computer which will boot into XP, no problems. Can see
    > the desktop, hover around things and over the start menu but I'm
    > unable to click anything or open anything.

    Maybe you are locked out from any input keyboard or mouse.

    > Anyone any ideas where to go? Its a HP Pavillion ZE4200.

    Does your 'friend' know you have hir computer? What does s/he say about
    the problem?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 21, 2007

  3. Dr. Compynei

    Dr. Compynei Guest

    "Mike Easter" wrote:
    > Dr. Compynei wrote:
    >> Got a friends computer which will boot into XP, no problems. Can see
    >> the desktop, hover around things and over the start menu but I'm
    >> unable to click anything or open anything.

    > Maybe you are locked out from any input keyboard or mouse.

    But I can get into BIOS and select to boot from a windows install CD, just
    nothing after that?

    >> Anyone any ideas where to go? Its a HP Pavillion ZE4200.

    > Does your 'friend' know you have hir computer? What does s/he say about
    > the problem?

    Yes, my next door neighbour as it happens, asked me to have a go with fixing
    it.
    Dr. Compynei, Aug 21, 2007
  4. Dr. Compynei

    Mike Easter Guest

    Dr. Compynei wrote:
    > "Mike Easter" wrote:
    >> Dr. Compynei wrote:
    >>> Got a friends computer which will boot into XP, no problems. Can see
    >>> the desktop, hover around things and over the start menu but I'm
    >>> unable to click anything or open anything.

    >> Maybe you are locked out from any input keyboard or mouse.

    I meant Windows locking you out.

    > But I can get into BIOS and select to boot from a windows install CD,
    > just nothing after that?

    What you do with the keyboard when you are talking to the BIOS is
    different than when you are trying to be talking to the keyboard after
    windows loads. I don't know if I'm understanding your status with the
    CD.

    >>> Anyone any ideas where to go? Its a HP Pavillion ZE4200.

    >> Does your 'friend' know you have hir computer? What does s/he say
    >> about the problem?

    > Yes, my next door neighbour as it happens, asked me to have a go with
    > fixing it.

    What happens when you boot up in safe mode?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 21, 2007
  5. Dr. Compynei

    chuckie® Guest

    You might try booting into 'Safe Mode' then run an up-to-date virus scan,
    and spyware program. I ran into a similar problem this past weekend, turned
    out to be several virii, and several malware problems. The owner is an
    idiot. I gave him all the necessary software last time, and he 'forgot' to
    update it and run it regularly...<sigh>
    chuckie®, Aug 22, 2007